Closing Apps without going to settings

I have a Moto G7 which replaced my Moto X (refund plan) phone.
In order to close an app I have to go to Settings -> Apps & Notifications and select force stop for the appropriate app. I don’t know if this happened when I got my new phone or was due to an Android update.
Am I missing something or is this the proper albeit clunky way to close an app.
I’ve been meaning to ask this question for a long time but kept saying next time.

Press the square button at the bottom right of your display. Swipe left and right to see apps. Swipe up to close app.

3 Likes

Your suggestion did not work for my Moto G7 but has worked for every other Android device I had.
I don’t know if the square button ever worked on the G7. On other devices I would hit the square button, then press the “x” on the app I want to close.

If an app is open and I press the square, the app becomes smaller but without the x to close. It could be my settings or different versions.

Thanks for your reply!

When the app becomes smaller, simply swipe the app in the upward direction to close it.

I don’t think its very intuitive, but it worked perfectly and makes it very easy and fast to close multiple app’s.

Thanks a Lot for Your Reply!

aaand… if you swipe all the way to the right you can close all open apps with a tap on “Clear all” :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t have that on my android 10 phone.

Screenshot was from a moto e w/ android 10. :man_shrugging:

Alas. I am not using the stock launcher. Hmmm…

Good tips, makes it easy and fast to close all apps.

Thanks

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer