Community Challenge 11: Video demo - how to install a SIM card

Show off your Republic expertise while helping other members! Community Challenge 11 will allow you to show others how to install a SIM card in a Republic Wireless supported phone. You could win a month of free service ($25 value) for your entry!

Entering is as easy as 1-2-3:

• Create a video demonstrating the task described above.
  • Upload your video here.
  • A panel of judges made up of Republic Wireless staff, Community Ambassadors and Experts will select our favorites and announce the winner(s) on Thursday, July 11, 2019. The deadline to submit your video in is 11:59 pm (Eastern time) on Monday, July 8.

Video Criteria

• Introductory statement: Begin with a visual or audio statement, “This is my entry in the Republic Wireless SIM card installation video contest.” Indicate the phone model for which you will be demonstrating the SIM card installation.
  • Audio and Visual aspect: Focus, lighting, background, and audio must not distract from the comprehensibility of the installation instructions. No copyrighted material may be used in any way, including but not limited to scripting, visuals, and audio.
  • Purpose and intent: Does the video accomplish the intended purpose of clearly demonstrating how to install a SIM card in a specific Republic Wireless phone? Is the phone model clearly communicated? Is the SIM card sizing clearly explained? Is each step in the process clear and understandable?

Eligibility:

• Entrants must have an active line of service with Republic Wireless
  • Entrants must be 18 years of age or older
  • Republic Wireless staff, Affiliates, Community Ambassadors and Experts are not eligible to enter.

By entering the contest, you agree to the official rules: Contest Rules for Republic Community Challenge 11: Video Demo - how to install a SIM card. Videos must not contain any personal information or the names of any other mobile provider. All videos must be under 5 minutes in length. By entering, you agree to the following consent agreement regarding our use of your entry: Consent to Use Video and Likeness agreement

By submitting my video to Republic Wireless, I irrevocably consent to the use of my name, picture, voice, video and/or likeness in any advertisement, marketing collateral, website and/or internal communications and/or materials prepared by or on behalf of Republic.
Republic may assign this Consent, and/or the right to enforce this Consent, to any person or entity. This Consent shall be binding upon the undersigned heirs, successors, licensees, agents and assigns, and shall be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina.
By submitting your video, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.

3 Likes

Monday July 8th came and went, and for the first time we had a Community Challenge with no entries. I guess that means I get the prize.

I was really looking forward to seeing what our Community would do with this opportunity and am astounded that there wasn’t a single entry.

I’d like to know. If you thought about entering, but didn’t, why not? If you read the challenge and didn’t even think twice about it, why not?

I’ll leave the concept and the submission form open with an invititation to submit videos even though the deadline has passed. If your video is one we determine our Community can use to show people how to install their SIM cards, we’ll thank you with a month of free service (including 1GB of data) or some RW swag.

1 Like
  1. There are so many “install a SIM card / install a micro SD card” videos on YouTube already, why make another?

2. If you want these videos, it seems more like a customer support job than a customer job for possible reward.

Hey @southpaw, I really did want to participate this month. I just had absolutely no time to do the video, due to life stuff. I’ll get you a video, you just might have to wait a few months for stuff to clear up :confused:. I loved the concept, time was the limiting factor for me.

Thanks, @cbwahlstrom,

Not interested because it’s been done… Got it.

Yet, in my mind, your second point kind of answers the first. I was hoping that seeing SIM card installation demonstrated by other RW members would make the process seem less intimidating (to those whose lack of confidence may drive them to need a video) than a polished video by a technician who could install SIM cards in his sleep.

Thanks for the candid feedback!

I don’t remember seeing this contest, but I probably would not have participated because both of our new phones have cases or bumpers on them, and I did not want to risk taking them off.
I think it is a good idea for “real” R.W. customers to show off their skills!

Too much effort/risk. How big would the prize need to be to have enticed you otherwise?

Sorry it took so long to answer!
If I did not have the bumper/cases on my phones I would have done the video for no incentive. I make videos for Youtube, so it is no big deal. The bumper is tight on my Z3 Play, and it would be difficult to get off, but if I had it off to replace, I would gladly make one!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer