A frequent question in Community from those looking for a new cell phone is, “Which phone has a great camera?”
To better answer these questions, we’ll use Community Challenge 15 to collect some sample photos. Submit your photos for your chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!
- No photos of people. Any identifiable photos of people will be deleted. Moderation on this matter will be final.
- Keep it “rated G”, please. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
- Submit only your own, original photos.
- By submitting your photo as an entry in our challenge, you understand that the photo is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the photo to demonstrate phone camera quality.
- Each participant may enter no more than one photo per category.
- Each eligible participant may win only once.
- Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov 3, 2019.
To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic, include the photo, and state the following:
- Phone: The Republic-Wireless-compatible phone used to take the photo (brand and full model name)
- Category: Indicate one of the categories listed below
- Notes: A helpful description of the environment and/or how quickly the phone was able to take the photo
and for our more advanced photographers
- Any special settings or special effects you used
- If you used a third-party camera app, tell us about it
- Any post-production edits you made to the photo
Eligible entries must fit one of the following categories:
- Landscapes and scenery - bright sunlight
- Landscapes and scenery - cloudy day, no flash
- Landscapes and scenery - night photography, no flash
- Animals - bright sunlight
- Animals - cloudy day, no flash
- Animals - night photography, no flash
- Animals - indoors, no flash
- Animals - indoors with flash
- Objects - indoors, no flash
- Objects - low light with flash
Prizes - Many opportunities to win a $10 Amazon gift card
Three staff picks will be selected from all eligible entries.
One winner will be selected by random drawing in each category having 3-9 eligible entries.
Unlock additional prizes! An additional winner will be selected by random drawing in each category having 10 or more eligible entries.
Entries from categories with only 1-2 entries will be combined into a single franken-category and the number of winners will then be determined based on the combined number of eligible entries in that new category.
Prizes will be awarded by the end of the day, Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019.