Community Challenge 15: How good is your phone's camera? Show us for your chance to win!

I suppose that’s as good a reason as any.

Lucky number :five: was assigned to the action shot of a rolling wave by @jonathanw.pdeuwu [in this post]Moto G7 photo samples).

Congratulations @jonathanw.pdeuwu!

(Pause for dramatic effect while I get things ready for the next category…)

3 Likes

Our second category is Animals - Bright Sunlight.

We’ll be picking two winners in this category because we had 14 eligible entries! We now have two volunteers as @amitl has joined us.

@amitl, please select a number between 1 and 14.
(And @theresar, please be thinking about your number between 1 and 14, so you can pick the second winner)

I am going to go with “lucky for some” #13

1 Like

Well, at least today, 13 is lucky for @Teresa_travels2 whose bright sunlight photo of a butterfly is our first winner in this category!

@theresar, do you have our second winning number ready?

3 Likes

The second winning number is 3 for The Rule of Thirds in photography.

1 Like

It must be butterfly day, because the rule of thirds has granted @jackiepatricia and her photo of a Monarch (or is it an imposter, the Viceroy?!? :smiling_imp:) a win in this challenge!

(One moment please while I prepare the next category!)

3 Likes

Our next category is Animals - cloudy day no flash.

This category had 10 eligible entries, so we will award two prizes. However, because each person can win only once in this challenge, we currently have only 9 potential winners to choose from.

@amitl please select our first winner in this category by selecting a number between 1 and 9.

Since animals have 4 legs…lets go with #4

Ha! Proving that not all animals have only 4 legs, your selection has awarded @theresak.uftmcc a prize for her up-close-and-personal dragonfly photo.

@theresar, a second winner in this category, please.

3 Likes

The second number is 7. That’s how many days in the week we can use our phone camera to capture great shots. (or try anyway).

1 Like

(I’m blaming @louisdi for the history of giving a reason for each number selected, but it’s certainly more interesting than without a reason!)

:seven: might also be the number of birds in the winning photo by @darrels, I’m not quite sure!

1 Like

Our next category is Landscapes and Scenery, cloudy day, no flash.

There were 27 eligible entries in this category, but one person has already won today, so @amitl will select two winning numbers for us between 1 and 26.

The better half a deck of cards…let’s go with #26

1 Like

And for the second one…can we please have all by itself…numero uno…#1

1 Like

I didn’t win with the animal - bright sunlight outdoors but I found it interesting that the two winners and myself all posted butterfly pictures in that category. Were there more than 3 butterfly picture in that category?

#26 was assigned to the dramatic mountain photo by @wvfisher.

And number :one: brings a win to @Joeybug for his panoramic landscape photo.

Thank you for your help @amitl!

2 Likes

Hi @jonathanw.pdeuwu, I didn’t categorize the subjects of each photo as I made the spreadsheet, but butterflies are very photogenic! I’ll try to get an answer for you when the drawings are over!

1 Like

I fully accept responsibility for this and for any other such wonderful ideas you’d like to blame on me.

3 Likes

Thanks, it would be fun to know how many other people thought they would make a good sunny day picture. Also since I was the lucky draw for the action shot is that what you mean by someone already won so pick between a smaller number group ? That’s my assumption, especially since I want others to have a chance to win too, I was just curious.

Yes, each person can win only once, so as each person wins, I have to remove him/her from any other categories, and that’s why it’s taking me a few minutes between categories sometimes!

Message an
Expert customer