Community Challenge 15: How good is your phone's camera? Show us for your chance to win!

(I’m blaming @louisdi for the history of giving a reason for each number selected, but it’s certainly more interesting than without a reason!)

:seven: might also be the number of birds in the winning photo by @darrels, I’m not quite sure!

1 Like

Our next category is Landscapes and Scenery, cloudy day, no flash.

There were 27 eligible entries in this category, but one person has already won today, so @amitl will select two winning numbers for us between 1 and 26.

The better half a deck of cards…let’s go with #26

1 Like

And for the second one…can we please have all by itself…numero uno…#1

1 Like

I didn’t win with the animal - bright sunlight outdoors but I found it interesting that the two winners and myself all posted butterfly pictures in that category. Were there more than 3 butterfly picture in that category?

#26 was assigned to the dramatic mountain photo by @wvfisher.

And number :one: brings a win to @Joeybug for his panoramic landscape photo.

Thank you for your help @amitl!

2 Likes

Hi @jonathanw.pdeuwu, I didn’t categorize the subjects of each photo as I made the spreadsheet, but butterflies are very photogenic! I’ll try to get an answer for you when the drawings are over!

1 Like

I fully accept responsibility for this and for any other such wonderful ideas you’d like to blame on me.

3 Likes

Thanks, it would be fun to know how many other people thought they would make a good sunny day picture. Also since I was the lucky draw for the action shot is that what you mean by someone already won so pick between a smaller number group ? That’s my assumption, especially since I want others to have a chance to win too, I was just curious.

Yes, each person can win only once, so as each person wins, I have to remove him/her from any other categories, and that’s why it’s taking me a few minutes between categories sometimes!

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the opportunity and excuse to take more fun pictures with my phone camera!

1 Like

Our next category is Animals - indoors with flash.

We had only 1 entry in this category, and my original plan was to combine all the small categories to make a category with enough entries for a drawing.

But as ongoing evidence of my inability to think things through, this was the only category with too few entires. There are no other small categories to combine it with. :woman_facepalming:

With no drawing needed, we will award a prize to @hillarybl for her Santa Herbie photo.

2 Likes

Now we’ll draw two winners in the Animals - indoors, no flash category. This category had 14 eligible entries, and we will pick two winners.

@theresar, please select two winners between 1 and 13.

1 Like

Twelve because that’s what my husband said.

@louisdi’s idea was great! :wink:

That is just too cool and made my day, thanks! -Theresa (And if there were a dragonfly emoticon, I would have put it here :grin: )

2 Likes

@louisdi is always full of great ideas. Or something.

Your husband’s dozen means that @gigia.epccvz has won a prize with a stunning photo of Miss Dot. :chicken:

And your second selection for this category?

1 Like

Let’s go with lucky number 9!

Number :nine: means that the fellow with the good ideas has won with his Supercool Spiny Box Puffer. Congrats @louisdi!

(Musical interlude while I prepare the next category) :musical_keyboard:

1 Like

Well done, that’s the number I would have picked for the number of toes on my left foot!

1 Like

Our next category is Objects, low light with flash. We had five eligible entries, but only 4 remain. @superT are you around to pick a number between 1 and 4?

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer