One of the joys of an Android phone is just how customizable it is. Owners can create custom ringtones and unique notification tones, set up the keyboard to suit their own typing style with a background to add some flair, and of course, create a home screen with a personalized wallpaper and just the right assortment of apps and widgets to make sure their most-needed information is always front and center.
So… what’s on your home screen?
For Community Challenge 23, take a screenshot of your home screen and share it here to show us your wallpaper, widgets and must-have apps. We’ll select 3 winners by random drawing to each win a $10 Amazon gift card. If we have 50 or more eligible entries, we’ll select two additional winners!
- Be respectful of any people pictured, or personal info displayed in your screenshot. If your wallpaper includes a selfie with your bestie, make sure the bestie is okay with the idea that his or her picture will be posted online. If any faces are peeking out of notifications, swipe the notifications away before taking the screenshot. Make sure no phone numbers or full names are visible before you share the screenshot.
- Keep it “rated G”, please. Family-friendly home screens only. This includes the wallpaper image, any words displayed, and even the apps or widgets featured in the screenshot. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
- Submit only your own, original screenshot of your own home screen.
- By submitting your screenshot as an entry in our challenge, you understand that the screenshot is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the screenshot to demonstrate home screen configurations.
- Each participant may enter only once. If you have multiple home screens you’d like to share, we’re happy to see them, but you get only one entry in the drawing.
- Each eligible participant may win only once.
- Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 12, 2020.
To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic with a screenshot of your Android phone’s home screen, and state the following:
- Phone: Tell us the manufacturer and model of the phone
- Notes: If you use a third-party launcher or used an app to create the wallpaper, tell us a little about how you did it. If you have the coolest widget ever, tell us what it is and what it does.
We’ll select our winners by random drawing on or before Thursday, July 16, 2020.
If we have fewer than 50 eligible entries, we’ll award three $10 Amazon gift cards.
If we have more than 50 eligible entries, we’ll award five $10 Amazon gift cards.