Community Challenge 23: Show us your home screen!

One of the joys of an Android phone is just how customizable it is. Owners can create custom ringtones and unique notification tones, set up the keyboard to suit their own typing style with a background to add some flair, and of course, create a home screen with a personalized wallpaper and just the right assortment of apps and widgets to make sure their most-needed information is always front and center.

So… what’s on your home screen?

For Community Challenge 23, take a screenshot of your home screen and share it here to show us your wallpaper, widgets and must-have apps. We’ll select 3 winners by random drawing to each win a $10 Amazon gift card. If we have 50 or more eligible entries, we’ll select two additional winners!

Rules

1. Be respectful of any people pictured, or personal info displayed in your screenshot. If your wallpaper includes a selfie with your bestie, make sure the bestie is okay with the idea that his or her picture will be posted online. If any faces are peeking out of notifications, swipe the notifications away before taking the screenshot. Make sure no phone numbers or full names are visible before you share the screenshot.
  2. Keep it “rated G”, please. Family-friendly home screens only. This includes the wallpaper image, any words displayed, and even the apps or widgets featured in the screenshot. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
  3. Submit only your own, original screenshot of your own home screen.
  4. By submitting your screenshot as an entry in our challenge, you understand that the screenshot is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the screenshot to demonstrate home screen configurations.
  5. Each participant may enter only once. If you have multiple home screens you’d like to share, we’re happy to see them, but you get only one entry in the drawing. :ticket:
  6. Each eligible participant may win only once.
  7. Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, July 12, 2020.

Eligibility

To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic with a screenshot of your Android phone’s home screen, and state the following:

1. Phone: Tell us the manufacturer and model of the phone
  2. Notes: If you use a third-party launcher or used an app to create the wallpaper, tell us a little about how you did it. If you have the coolest widget ever, tell us what it is and what it does.

Sorry, Republic Wireless staff members and their families are not eligible to win, although they may participate. @Ambassadors and @Experts are eligible to win in this challenge.

Prizes

We’ll select our winners by random drawing on or before Thursday, July 16, 2020.
If we have fewer than 50 eligible entries, we’ll award three $10 Amazon gift cards.
If we have more than 50 eligible entries, we’ll award five $10 Amazon gift cards.

2 Likes

OK, I’ll go first, though it is really boring.
Google Pixel 3XL with stock launcher.
The calendar widget is from Business Calendar
And the weather widget is from Weather XL
The wallpaper is a picture of my soul

and the page next to it.

3 Likes

Here’s the home screen on my Moto G6. A little boring too but has all the things I frequently use handy. The second page has other items like shortcuts for ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts, notification log and others that get less use.

2 Likes

It not much but here my current home screen

3 Likes

Interesting Challenge @southpaw!

I have always been curious how individuals setup their home screens.
I see all sorts of combinations from wall to wall apps to one giant widget taking up the whole screen!

Phone: Pixel 3a
Notes: I use the Nova launcher and Pulse (for texting). I would call my style “Command Center”. I like a quick view of my monthly calendar and my messages with quick access to frequently needed apps in folders.

4 Likes

I’ve always liked the Republic wallpaper that was offered around the time I got this phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) and didn’t want too many apps covering up the logo. I do miss the arc though, the top left corner looks empty. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi @paulam.e0ykxj
Like your Screen entry!

Look and see if the “Show the Republic notification” box is checked in your republic app settings (gear) > Advanced settings. See if that brings your arc back. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The arc is back! I followed your suggestion on another thread to uncheck and re-check the box, and when that didn’t work I rebooted the phone. Still no arc, but then I saw your idea to go to the phone’s settings and activate the slider for Republic notifications… and viola. Thanks for the help!

3 Likes

My Home screen. I change the wallpaper by season, and ability to see clearly now.

And the 2nd screen

1 Like

I don’t like a lot of things on my Desktop. Pixel 3 XL, took the photo out of airplane window before landing. Page one with clock and weather widget that came with Android. Page two with Calendar Widget: Month + Agenda. It’s simple with a lot of nice features, works with any calendar. Tried several different calendar widgets, this is the one that was a keeper.

Page one:

Page two:

2 Likes

Samsung Galaxy S9. Just acquired about a month ago.

I go very basic on the home screen. Screenshot 2 though shows how I configure the edge screen into folders.

Last screenshot shows a widget that I am fond of - Weawow weather. I wasn’t fond of the galaxy weather app. You see the Weawow widget on the home screen. The 3rd screenshot shows some of the well thought out, detail graphs.

2 Likes

Samsung A05 using a theme from Samsung Themes and Nova Launcher. Using the Dark Sky Widget (leaving Android soon :(… ). Using Transparent Calander Widget for the Calander part.

2 Likes

Moto G7

1 Like

1. Phone: Motorola Moto G7
  2. Notes: I keep my most used apps categorized in group tiles across the bottom. Then above use the Google search widget quite often. Quick dial button for the wife but I covered her image and name for privacy.
2 Likes

Google Pixel 2 XL with the art wallpaper. A different one every day. With how unpredictable the art could be, and to appreciate it without clutter, I removed all the apps from the home screen. Put the Bluetooth Devices widget on there though so that I can quickly switch between two different headsets

1 Like

Moto X4. The image was downloaded from the app Zedge. I love tulips.

2 Likes

Like my cell phone skills, the home screen on my Moto G7 is pretty basic: only the most frequently used apps, scrunched to the left for easy access with my thumb (the Duo app is for work, so it gets isolated for bad behavior). Music/video, education, and utility apps get their own screens.
The home screen? It’s a close-up (slightly blurred) shot of the top of my bald head right after shaving off my 20-year-old, 15-inch ponytail last year…

2 Likes

Moto g7 play. That’s my own painting of bear cubs.

8 Likes

I have a Motorola Moto G5 Plus. Nothing too exciting, I try to keep the home screen to “most used” apps, which inevitably expands over time. The photo was taken by a friend.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer