Community Challenge 27: (2nd Annual) How good is your phone's camera? Show us for your chance to win!

Last October we enjoyed seeing all the photos in Community Challenge 15, It was so much fun, we’ve decided to make it an annual challenge!

The photos you submit help our Community provide an answer when members ask, “Which phone has a great camera?”

Submit your photos for your chance to win a $10 Amazon gift card!

Rules

1. No photos of people. Any identifiable photos of people will be deleted. Moderation on this matter will be final.
  2. Keep it “rated G”, please. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
  3. Submit only your own, original photos, and only photos that were not entered in Challenge 15.
  4. By submitting your photo as an entry in our challenge, you understand that the photo is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the photo to demonstrate phone camera quality.
  5. Each participant may enter no more than one photo per category.
  6. Each eligible participant may win only once.
  7. Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, Nov 8, 2020.

Eligibility

To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic, include the photo, and state the following:

1. Phone: The Republic-Wireless-compatible phone used to take the photo (brand and full model name)
  2. Category: Indicate one of the categories listed in the Categories section below
  3. Notes: A helpful description of the environment and/or special steps you had to take to get the shot

and for our more advanced photographers

1. Any special settings or special effects you used
  2. If you used a third-party camera app, tell us about it
  3. Any post-production edits you made to the photo

Sorry, Republic Wireless staff members and their families are not eligible to win. @Ambassadors and @Experts are eligible to win in this challenge.

Categories

Eligible entries must fit one of the following categories:

• Landscapes and scenery - bright sunlight
  • Landscapes and scenery - cloudy day, no flash
  • Landscapes and scenery - night photography, no flash
  • Animals - bright sunlight
  • Animals - cloudy day, no flash
  • Animals - night photography, no flash
  • Animals - indoors, no flash
  • Animals - indoors with flash
  • Objects - indoors, no flash
  • Objects - low light with flash
  • Action
  • Miscellaneous

Prizes - Many opportunities to win a $10 Amazon gift card

Staff picks

:trophy: Three staff picks will be selected from all eligible entries.

Random drawings

:ticket: One winner will be selected by random drawing in each category having 3-9 eligible entries.

:key: Unlock additional prizes! An additional winner will be selected by random drawing in each category having 10 or more eligible entries.

:honey_pot: Entries from categories with only 1-2 entries will be combined into a single category and the number of winners will then be determined based on the combined number of eligible entries in that new category.

Prizes will be awarded by the end of the day, Thursday, November 12, 2020.

2 Likes

• Phone: Motorola Moto X4
  • Category: Animal- Indoors, no flash
  • Notes: While we were staying at a friend’s cabin for a long-weekend this summer, I discovered some ants sneaking in around a window. I also discovered that my friend had a bottle of Taro :skull_and_crossbones:. A short while later, the ants had formed a lovely circle for me to photograph. Little did they know that the delicious treat would not be so sweet later…

I’m not much of a photographer or photo editor, but I accepted the Google Photos app’s suggested lighting enhancement and also cropped the photo to try to frame the picture a bit better.

2 Likes

Moto G Power
Night Photography - No Flash
I took this just after sunset while on the water fishing at Cherokee Lake in Tennessee. NOT PICTURED but I had my 5 and 3 year old sons with me. Didn’t catch much but the sunset was gorgeous.
I did some light touching up but nothing major. I brought shadows up and barely boosted the saturation. All done within Google Photos.

5 Likes

Samsung

Samsung s10. Cloudy day, no flash, landscape.

6 Likes

Phone: Google Pixel 3a model G020G
Category: Landscapes and scenery–bright sunlight
Notes: This is out in a beautiful clearing by my house. I moved around so the sun was in the perfect spot and tapped the shadows before taking the pic so there was a bit more exposure. Automatic HDR filter applied by phone. Other than that the photo is untouched.

6 Likes

Samsung A50
Landscapes and Scenery - Bright Sunlight
Orange Beach Alabama January 2020 - As taken by phone

5 Likes

I didn’t enter last time, so I’m excited to be able to do this!

• Phone: Motorola Moto E6
  • Category: Objects - Indoors, no flash
  • Notes: This is a picture of a modular origami project I’m working on. Each of the cubes you see are made of 12 interlocked pieces, each made from a square. Not tape or other adhesive is used. Also, it’s still in progress because interlocking the cubes like that is quite difficult, and getting them to stay interlocked is also quite a challenge. As such, I tend to take long breaks between attempts to get it completed :P. Oh, and each of the squares was made from a post-it note.
5 Likes

Samsung A50
Landscapes and Scenery - cloudy day, no flash
Clouds rolling in Orange Beach Alabama

2 Likes

Samsung A50
Animals - bright sunlight
The Badlands, South Dakota

3 Likes

• Google Pixel (original)

• Miscellaneous

• HDR mode (High Dynamic Range)

2 Likes

Phone - Pixel 3XL
Category - Landscape - night, no flash
Notes - While driving home from work in Orlando, FL, the sky was just right for a sunset photo. It was edited to pop the colors.

4 Likes

Phone - Pixel 3XL
Category - Action
Notes - The streets of NYC. No edits.

2 Likes

Phone - Galaxy Note 20
Category - Landscape - night, no flash
Notes – While fishing on Kent Island MD. No edits.

2 Likes

Phone: Note 20
Category - Animals Indoor No Flash
Note - This is Buddy unedited. He is a Milliquin Macaw. There are currently a total of 10 of these birds in the world as they are result of breeding between two different types of Macaws that don’t normally breed. ( An unlikely parrot love story may have resulted in a new species (msn.com))

5 Likes

Phone: moto e (2020)
Catagory: Landscapes and scenery - bright sunlight
Notes: Taken in Golden Gate Park using the Spot Color feature in the moto e camera app.

Phone Moto G Stylus.

1 Like

Unlike last year’s photography challenge, this year we ended up with more prizes available than the number of entrants. :disappointed:

We had two categories with enough entries for a drawing:

• Landscapes and scenery - bright sunlight
  • Landscapes and scenery - night photography

The remaining categories would be combined into a single drawing. There were 9 entries in those categories, so that would allow us only one additional drawing.

However, since we had more prizes planned than entries received, we’ll simplify this by awarding everyone who entered one $10 Amazon gift card. I’ll send your prizes privately by Community DM.

Thank you for sharing your outstanding photography skills here in our Community.

4 Likes
Message an
Expert customer