Community Challenge 29: Share your holiday greeting or a fond farewell to 2020!

Are you in the holiday spirit? If so, we invite you to share a holiday greeting with your fellow Community members.

Not in the holiday spirit? That’s okay, too. We invite you to bid 2020 a fond farewell, instead!

Be creative
Your greeting or farewell can be as simple as a few words or as sappy as a made-for-tv holiday special. Add some thoughtful text to an image like your selfie in that classic tacky holiday sweater or your neighborhood “Griswold” house that glows. Write a poem. Draw a picture. Sing a song!
Make us :grin:, make us :rofl: or make us :cry:

Submit your entry for your chance to win Republic Wireless swag, a month of free service, or a $20 Amazon gift card.

Rules

1. No photos of other people . Any identifiable photos of people other than your own selfie will be deleted. Moderation on this matter will be final.
  2. Keep it “rated G”, please. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
  3. Submit only your own, original work.
  4. By submitting your work, including your photo, as an entry in our challenge, you understand that the entry is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the entry.
  5. Each participant may enter no more than one holiday greeting and one fond farewell.
  6. Each eligible participant may win only once .
  7. Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, January 10, 2021.

Eligibility

To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic with a holiday greeting for your fellow Community members or a fond farewell to the year 2020.

Sorry, Republic Wireless staff members and their families are not eligible to win. @Ambassadors and @Experts are eligible to win in this challenge.

Winner selection

Winners will be selected by random drawing between Monday, January 11 and Thursday, January 14, 2021.

Prizes

Five winners will be selected by random drawing to win their choice of one of the following:

• A Republic Wireless Nike visor1
    or
  • A Republic Wireless T-shirt2
    or
  • A $20 Amazon gift card
    or
  • One month of free service for one service line - Talk and Text plus 1 GB of data.

1 Republic Wireless Visor:

2 Republic Wireless T-shirt

2 Likes

We will get through this and come out stronger in the end. Let’s learn from this that we all need each other and are inextricably connected - we need to lift each other up!

4 Likes

Alrighty then. Not gonna do a selfie because 2020 is almost gone, I am taking much needed time off, and have let myself go for a short time until I go back to work in 2021. So RW staff is going to have use their imagination for this one. However, I will pass along some sincere gratitude to everyone at RW. While you are not front line workers, the work you do and the culture you’re part of is important. I have been a RW customer since beta testing and have watched you grow. I’ve met some of you at the pop up shop and sung your praises to friends who are shopping for a new provider. I’ve appreciated the tech support you provide to my technologically hopeless mother who lives too far away for me to do it. RW is the rare company that actually cares, which in a very cynical time is not something I say lightly. You’ve saved my family a ton of money, given us a safe and reliable way to stay connected and entertained, and just been generally pleasant to work with the entire time.
Thank you for starting all of this, keeping it going, and always looking forward to the next thing. I hope all of you at RW enjoy your company as much as I do and that you can soon find a way to start blocking 2020’s calls and add 2021 to your contacts. Here’s to a new and better year!

3 Likes

Seasons Greeting! In this most trying year, try to find the silver lining. Maybe reconnecting with old friends? Maybe finding a more efficient way to shop/accomplish tasks? Maybe care a little more for your fellow man?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

3 Likes

Wherever you are, whatever you believe, I wish you joy, hope, health, and peace this holiday season and in the coming year.

3 Likes

As we reeled in our political extremes let us enjoy Christmas with families and friends in the spirit of love and tolerance. Let us put 2020 behind us and let us forge new trails that will make us the greatest country on earth, Peace and Love!

4 Likes

December 25 is Christmas, so enjoy your celebration as it was meant to be – as well as many blessings of what we hope will be a truly NEW Year!

3 Likes

Greetings, on the first day of Xmas republic gave to me a cheap and straight forward bill. On the second day of Xmas, republic gave to me 2 Moto phones, on the third day of Xmas republic gave to me 3 reasons to stay, on the fourth day of Xmas republic gave to me 4 notifications, on the fifth day of Xmas republic gave to me 5… Star… Service.
Republic makes me grateful I can spend more on gifts for my loved ones.

4 Likes

Hello Republic Wireless Community,
Wishing everyone a very happy holiday season and a joyful New Year. This has been a tough year in so many ways, so hopeful that 2021 will bring an end to the pandemic and bring everyone back together again. Blessings!

3 Likes

2020 can stick it.

1 Like

BAH HUMBUG to 2020! Hope everyone’s 2021 is a happy, healthy and more enjoyable year! Happy Holidays!

3 Likes

Hi @josephs.humgw3,

Very clever! We may need to hear you sing this one!

1 Like

I wish I could do all the 12 days. Can’t sing for beans. I can hum it .

2 Likes

As we gather with our families and friends (virtually for many of us) over these holidays to celebrate our various holidays in our own ways:

• Let us all pause to remember those that Covid has taken away from us
  • Let us all take a moment thank those in the Medical profession that are working tirelessly to help and protect us
  • I always remember Bob Hope and his annual support of our troups, so in his words “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” —Bob Hope
    • Take care, and be safe
      • What are the 3 w’s for COVID-19?

• Wear a cloth mask over your nose and mouth.
        • Wait 6 feet apart. Avoid close contact.
        • Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer.
2 Likes

Happy Holidays
2020 has been a one heck of a year
I think next pandemic we should should not have a election at the same time because that was the worst.

3 Likes

I can summarize 2020 with one word: ZOOM!

While Sars-CoV2 was zooming across the planet and wreaking havoc with peoples lives.

Every day login to at least one Zoom meeting.
Religious meetings - Zoom
Anniversary/Reunion - Zoom
Visit relatives - Zoom
Friends getting married - Zoom
Too many funerals - Zoom
Chat with the girls - Zoom
Give cooking lessons - Zoom
Took a language lesson - Zoom
Volunteer work - Zoom
Shedd Aquarium penguin encounters - Zoom, 2X
Meet people from other countries - Zoom
Talk with Doctor/Nurse - Not Zoom, other video conferencing.
Even when the power went out - Zoom and Republic Wireless, never missed a meeting!

I’m more busy now than I have ever been and haven’t even left the house! The few times I’ve had to go for medical tests, I’m covered in PPE.

Hmm, let me see do I have a Zoom meeting tonight?

2 Likes

Merry Christmas to one, Happy New Year to all, Hurry up 2020 and end, we all hate 2020 yawl, may 2021 be better, It can’t STINK-STANK-STUNK much worse, If you don’t like my poem’s verse, make up your own! Remember I didn’t curse.

6 Likes

Wishing everyone a great holiday and a bright 2021!

4 Likes

This is the first of many.

2 Likes

‘Twas the Night Before 2021

(A twist on ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas by Claire Sabine)

'Twas the night before the year 2021.

The year 2020 would finally be done.

The masks were all hung right by the door

In hopes that they would be needed no more.

The people were tired of this COVID-19

Taking precautions and keeping hands clean.

And Mama in a frenzy and I in my scrubs

Had just come home simply wanting a hot tub.

When what on the news had suddenly appeared?

The hopes for a cure might finally be here.

Away to the Sony, I flew like a flash

Tore open a beer and sat with a crash.

This year has been different, that is for sure.

All were affected including businesses, schools and stores.

Many lost jobs, some went remote,

Each day had cases and deaths to note.

The elderly seemed to be the most fragile.

Many found schooling to be quite the trial.

More rapid than eagles this virus flew in.

Supplies grew short and hoarding would begin.

Now wear masks! Wash hands! Stay 6 feet apart!

No crowds! No gatherings! Stay home–that’s a start!

To the top of the experts, we put all our trust.

Now wash away! Wash away! Wash away we must!

As people grew weary, tempers would fly,

Some became depressed, while others would cry.

Some turned to hobbies and enjoyed the outdoors,

Exploring, cooking, and accomplishing chores.

And then in a twinkling, I heard a slight knock.

My neighbor had left a note written with chalk.

As I read it out loud, it brought me to smile.

Here’s to hoping that kindness won’t go out of style.

He was dressed all in comfort from his head to his feet

A baseball cap and Minion pants that looked pretty neat.

A bag of goodies was flung on his back

And he looked like a peddler just opening his pack.

He was making his way bringing some cheer

Trying to bring hope to those far and near.

My thoughts returned to the situation at hand.

Could this virus truly overrule this land?

We will overcome this disease over humankind.

We must not let this encircle our thoughts and our minds.

We might be Zooming occasions and have masked photographs,

But remember our connections and remember to laugh.

Try something new and try something fun.

Life is too short to be grumpy and done.

We do not know what may lie ahead,

But the new year is certainly one not to dread.

We must enter with hope, dreams and might

To conquer this villain with a strong fight.

And laying a finger upon the remote control

I turned the news off as I had my new goal.

I sprung off my chair as I declared to my wife

We need to take a different attitude with life.

Life is not normal, it isn’t the same.

We can’t spend all our time laying the blame.

2021 is upon us, it is a new start.

We must do our best. We must do our part.

We cannot control all the things in our lives.

Hope, dreams and love—for this we must strive.

As 2020 ends and the future looks bright,

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night!

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer