That phone you carry around all day is a powerful computer, able to do more than just make calls, send and receive texts, and take cute photos of your dog.
This challenge is meant to bring together our Android beginners and our Android gurus in order to help those who may not be getting the most out of their cell phone while also allowing those who are prodigies of the cell phone to show off their skills.
- Maybe you have been wondering how to get your phone to do something specific, but you just don’t know where to start. You’ve seen members talk about their home screen set-up, their wallpaper, unique ringtones, and even more complex functionality. Reply in this topic describing what it is you’d like to do, and we’ll see who can help you get it done.
- Maybe you have some really impressive functionality on your phone. Reply in this topic to tell us what you’ve been able to do and how you set it up. Don’t be shy, we’re eager to see your creativity!
We’ll randomly pick three beginners and the guru who helps them, as well as three gurus who share their interesting functionality as prize winners for this Challenge. That’s nine total prizes, and if you’re a guru, you have a chance to win twice.
- Keep it “rated G”, please. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
- Submit only your own, original work.
- By submitting your entry in our challenge, you understand that the entry is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the entry.
- Each participant may enter once. A guru who assists a beginner may win a prize under that beginner’s entry as well as under a separate guru entry.
- Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 7, 2021.
- Comments that are derogatory, sarcastic, or silly (“I want to fry bacon on my phone”) will not be considered eligible.
To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic in one of the following two categories:
Tell us something you’d like your phone to be able to do and let a guru help you learn how.
Tell us something unique you’ve set up your phone to do, and how you did it.
How the Match-Up works:
If you have the know-how to accomplish what a Beginner has requested, reply to that Beginner with an explanation. (If the conversation needs to continue, we’ll move it outside of this challenge topic just to keep things from becoming too confusing.) Once the beginner has accomplished the task using your instructions, you’ll both be eligible for the prize.
Winners will be selected by random drawing between Monday, March 8, and Thursday, March 11, 2021.
Three winners for each category will be selected by random drawing to win their choice of one of the prizes listed below:
- A $10 Amazon gift card
- A $10 Google Play Store gift card
- A $10 service credit to your Republic Wireless account