Community Challenge 36: Pet Parade 🐐

If you have a pet, chances are good that your phone is often used to photograph or video your pet’s cuteness. My mother, for example, when faced with the opportunity to upgrade her Moto G1 to a Moto X4, was primarily concerned with whether or not all the photos and videos of her dog and cat would transfer to the new phone! I would estimate 60% of her phone use involves taking pictures of her pets or sending text messages that include those pictures!

This month we challenge you to share your favorite pet photo. Tell us how much of your phone use involves your pets. Don’t have a pet? Share a photo of any animal - wildlife you caught on camera, a cool creature at the zoo, a friend’s pet, or even a close encounter with a bug. (Disclaimer: Please keep a safe distance from all photography subjects. We will not be responsible for injuries if you try to photograph murder hornets. :honeybee: )

Tell us what phone you used to take the picture, and we might move the photo to our #reviews:photos category once the challenge has ended.

You could win a free month of Republic Wireless service (talk & text + 1 GB of data) or a $20 Amazon gift card.

Rules

1. No photos of people. Any identifiable photos of people will be deleted. Moderation on this matter will be final.
  2. Keep it “rated G”, please. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
  3. Submit only your own, original photos, and only photos that have not been previously entered in a Community Challenge.
  4. By submitting your photo as an entry in our challenge, you understand that the photo is publicly visible and you permit Republic Wireless to use the photo to demonstrate phone camera quality.
  5. Each participant will receive one entry in our random drawing per unique photo submission, up to three drawing entries. Additional photos submitted after the third will not be eligible in the drawing, but we will ooh and ahh over them, anyway.
  6. Each eligible participant may win only once.
  7. Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, Sept 5, 2021.

Eligibility

To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic, include a photo of an animal, and include the following information:

1. Phone: The Republic-Wireless-compatible phone used to take the photo (brand and full model name)
  2. How much of your phone use you estimate involves your pet or wildlife

Sorry, Republic Wireless staff members and their families are not eligible to win. @Ambassadors and @Experts are eligible to win in this challenge.

Prizes

Three winners will be selected by random drawing to win their choice of a free month of Republic Wireless Talk Text, and 1 GB of data or a $20 Amazon gift card.

Winners will be announced and contacted about their prizes by the end of the day, Friday, September 10, 2021.

3 Likes

Well, just to start things out, my genius dog, Joey:

He’s a wonderful little guy, actually! His back legs have been paralyzed since 2014 when he suffered a ruptured disc (he’s 13 now), but he still has a great loving attitude, and gets around fine with his special harness (I hold up his hips and he goes up and down the stairs and walks just using his front legs).

A couple more shots…

Photos taken with a Samsung SM-N981U1 (Galaxy Note 20).

I don’t take many photos of Joey, to be honest (it’s pretty challenging to get good ones of him – especially since he likes to spend most of his time sleeping :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: )

(Not posting to win, but just to share. :slight_smile: )

12 Likes

Have you ever thought about getting him one of those wheely things for his hind legs (I think people 3D print them)? You can get a harness and then a free spinning wheel and it can replace the legs (not sure this would work well on stairs though).

Yeah; we have to go up and down a flight of stairs when we go outside. I actually have tried a doggy wheelchair with him, but I’m afraid that it’s not very practical for us.

Here’s my dog Rocket. It was taken with a Pixel 2 XL. I would guess 5 to 10% of my photos are of my dog. With school age children at home, they tend to get a lot of the pictures, too.

5 Likes

I have to admit, when I read dog rocket before the picture loaded, I didn’t know what to expect.

2 Likes

He’s a bit of a crazy one.

1 Like

Jaeger, Pixel 3a XL (cropped and Google Photos auto enhanced), I’d say 50% of my photos are pet based (normally with family included).

6 Likes

This was our sweet kitty Cindy. She was master of the back yard and the garage. Here she is dominating the Catmint (not catnip) in our garden.

This was taken with my old Moto G4. I still have it as a backup for my Moto G7. I really don’t use my phone much to take pictures of wildlife, but we have a lot of pictures on the Boise river and San Juan Islands.

Cindy stopped eating and drinking, and the day after Thanksgiving 2020 I took her to the vet. The vet said she had heart failure, kidney failure, and multiple cancerous tumors. We had to put her down. Very sad day, but we still have the memories.

6 Likes

This is my sweet, smart Patches. She’s been with me for 11 years and is always polite and friendly. Love her.

6 Likes

Here is my 1 year old Golden Retreiver Lala! She’s easily one of the kindest and smartest dogs I have ever met. Lala is our kayak/swimming buddy and and an excellent stick retreiver (and eater). She is also an expert at finding mud and puddles to lay in when she inevitably gets too hot! I feel blessed to have such a wonderful, well-behaved dog. Pictured is Lala after a kayak trip, next to her Easter basket, and (naturally) chewing on a stick.

Lala likely amounts to 50% of my phone use (especially, when searching for toys/food for her in addition to taking photos). I wouldn’t have it any other way! Also, all these pictures were taken using my Samsung S8!

6 Likes

Moto E4+
1%

4 Likes

That is Stella just chilling. Shot with a Samsung S8

And her brother, Loki in his Papazon chair.

6 Likes

We’re not fortunate enough to have a pet, so here is my daughter’s Boston Terrier. He’s a rescue dog, and is now in his “forever” home. My grandson loves him!! I took this with a Moto G Power (2020). Admittedly, most of my photos involving this handsome boy include my other favorite handsome boy…my grandson!

3 Likes

Rescue pets are the best!

Cisco just after he was rescued just over a year ago. The photo was I believe taken on an iPhone.

Cisco much more recently. These photos were taken on a Samsung Galaxy Note20 with no special settings or effects.

It’s hard to believe, it’s the same cat. The woman who rescued him also fostered him. She did a fantastic job cleaning him up and he cleaned up quite well.

8 Likes

My daughter also volunteers as a driver for dogs making their way to a new home. If I may, a reference to this fine organization.

https://www.snortrescue.org/

3 Likes

My Three Sons… Pippy and Truffle, who are brothers and very sweet… Then there’s Chai, who is the red-headed stepchild… He’s gotten better, I think.

And this is Princess XenaSake who was my only little girl. She passed a few years back from cancer. I miss her so very much.

And this was my first baby ■■■■. He was such a special, funny, intelligent personality. Nobody like him, that’s for sure.

The first photo was taken with my Moto G6, the second was my previous Moto… now can’t remember which, and the third was old school… a digital camera. I would say that at least 50% of my camera roll are photos of my babies. When you lose them, you are devastated as to why you don’t have more photos and videos…

4 Likes

Had to add Pippy and his sweet face…

But couldn’t forget Chai’s beautiful eyes…

2 Likes

Moto Z4 25% granddogs and wildlife.

Google Photos

Favorite shelter Whippet siblings “Emily & Thomas”

5 Likes

Guinea Pig Guineavere
Taken with Moto G Fast phone
I take pictures of wildlife or pets about once or twice a month

(I’m not sure why this post has shown up on my moms name, I am signed on in my own account. I deleted it once and reposted, but it still is showing up under her name when my account is in my name.)

5 Likes
Message an
Expert customer