Today, Republic Wireless celebrates our 10th anniversary. Some of you, like me, stayed awake late into the night of 11/8/11, repeatedly refreshing your browser “one more time” to see if an order form would appear on the Republic Wireless website, until at long last it finally did. It has been a remarkable 10 years. We’ve seen a lot of changes, from the Optimus S running Android 2.3.5 with a 3.2" screen and less than 200 MB of available memory (mine still boots!), to today’s phones running Android 11 (and even 12) with 6" screens and more than 100 GB of memory. We look forward to exciting new changes as the next 10 years unfold.
Ten years: Republic Wireless Optimus S from 2011 beside a Samung Galaxy S21
In Community Challenge 39 we invite you to look back on the last 10 years and tell us about a significant change in your life in that time. If you prefer, you can look forward 10 years and tell us what you hope to change or accomplish by the time 2031 is winding down.
- Enter only your own, original thoughts.
- Keep it “rated G”, please. Moderation will be swift and final. The moderator is a prude.
- Written entries must be submitted in the spirit of the contest, telling us about a significant change you’ve experienced in the last 10 years or hope to experience in the next 10 years.
- Each participant will receive no more than one entry in our random drawing.
- Each eligible participant may win only once in the random drawing.
- Each eligible participant may win only one bonus prize
- Eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 28, 2021.
To be eligible to win a prize, you must reply in this topic with meaningful content relevant to the topic.
Three winners will be selected by random drawing during the week of 11/29/21 to win a $20 Amazon Gift card.
Additional small bonus prizes from the Community Treasure Chest will be awarded throughout the challenge period.
For round one of the challenge, we will draw three winners, each to receive a $20 Amazon Gift card, from those eligible entries submitted before 11/29/21.
Each of those entries will also receive one of our bonus prizes.
For round two of the challenge, the same rules as above will apply, except eligible entries must be submitted before 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, 1/9/22.
Round two will also consist of a drawing for three winners, each to receive a $20 Amazon gift card, as well as bonus prizes to be awarded to some of the round two entries.