Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5 that has Android v6?

I read on a different post (Is Republic Wireless compatible with Samsung Galaxy S5?) that the Galaxy S5 wasn’t compatible because - at the time - it did not have the 6.0/Marshmallow version of Android. I just checked the one I’ve been hanging on to and it looks to have it. Would this qualify it as a compatible device? (It was originally with Boost Mobile so is GSM)

Unfortunately, no. Here’s a help article with the list of compatible phones.

It isn’t only the Android version that’s necessary to work on the network.

4 Likes

one of the things need to be compatible with Republic 3.0/4.0 is indead android version 6.0+ but there are others like Passing Republic’s internal test, having an OEM relations ship so when bugs are found or when an update breaks the phone Republic as a path to get a fix, and that a phone have a Us Regional/North American Factory unlock model (which differs from Carrier Unlock) before the Galaxy S6 Samsung did not release a US/North American Factory unlock just carrier unlock (the US/North America Factory unlock will not have any carrier customization (software and some times hardware {what bands it sees} (even the S6 Factory unlock shared a model number with the T-Mobile version {the SM-G920T} but had to have certain builds to be the factory unlocked version

I will also note that Boost mobile is own by Sprint and any phone will be Sprint CDMA version (SM-900P) (though it’s also possible that the phone has GSM also as Many CDMA phones with LTE also have GSM)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer