Complaints? Non-existent!

I enjoy seeing the Community Summary hit my email. I like to read the few, very few, whines - people pouring their frustration or questions. One can learn from others’ techno puzzles. I never have any moans of my own to post and I’m a critical old guy. I keep waiting for Republic to become too big to provide such personal connections with all the members but I am relieved that will not, apparently, be the company climate in the future for Republic. Too many companies have bots to block the way to temper any customer rant, but Republic is amazingly like calling up a friend (or Mom) for a suggested solution. I deal with a lot of glitches almost daily to keep our household flying. Deaf companies are the worst. After a call or chat to some customer ■■■■ in Mumbai I put down my Republic phone, stare at it, and sometimes wonder what the Republic employees spike their water coolers to still collectively be a company that does a good job of customer care. I just had to pat you guys on the back. Until Republic becomes too big and sassy I’m here to stay.

28 Likes

Hi @DeanInDunedin,

Thank you so very much for such a kind message and for making me laugh out loud right here in the middle of the office.

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind feedback. I started in customer support and now work in quality assurance, my job is to make sure new phones and updates work well for everyone. I’m glad things worked well for you, but I want to stress if something isn’t satisfactory to get us to know! We always want to make our offering better!

5 Likes

@DeanInDunedin Thank you so much for your post and your support!

My name is Doc Shufelt and I’m the SVP and General Manager of Republic Wireless. We are very fortunate to have outstanding people here at Republic, like @southpaw and @JamesT, that truly care about members and are always looking for ways to provide great service with a personal touch. Our mission here is to give folks an affordable, hassle-free cell phone experience so you spend your time and money making memories, not making calls to your phone company! I’m glad to hear that you’re having a great experience with us and please let us know if there is anything we can be doing better!

2 Likes

If Republic becomes too big and sassy, you might consider buying their IPO. Who doesn’t wish they had purchased stock in the Broadcom parent company?

Perhaps, you mean Bandwidth.com? Bandwidth not Broadcom was the company from which Republic was spun out. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. You can tell that I own neither Bandwidth nor Broadcom, unfortunately. Both companies seem to be market winners.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, my experience has been terrible over the past two years. I can’t seem to get anyone to help me personally and no one seems to care if I keep my three lines with them or not. I have to constantly wait for emails to get the same response from multiple different people. If you are getting too big, get a customer service number so that I can get that personal attention that the above subscriber is referring to.

Hi @deborahpaige,

Welcome to our Member Community.

I’m sorry to see you have not been satisfied with the support you’ve received so far.

The issue you are experiencing is a new issue that is affecting a handful of members, and one for which we do not yet have a solution. Talking to you over the phone would not make it any more possible for us to solve this issue, however, if at any time you’d like help over the phone, it’s as simple as letting our Help Team know.

I have done that and no one will speak with me in the phone. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.

@deborahpaige,

It looks like our Help Team has tried to call you a few times over the course of your ticket, and has talked to you at least once. I’ve let them know that you would like a call and/or a working PIN so you can call in. It looks like your previous call-in PIN was voided when multiple tickets were merged into a single ticket.
I understand that you have found the experience to be frustrating, and I am certain our Help Team will do their best to make sure everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

I have no record that anyone tried to call me. If they did, they could not get through because of the Republic service. People call my phone and it either doesn’t ring, I can’t answer it, or they can’t hear me.

I spoke with one rep once and he said he would get back to me but never did.

However someone contacts me, I would just like this resolved. There are no more technical steps and would like a refund for all three of my lines so that I can switch providers without losing all of my money.

{personal information redacted}

I’ve removed the personal information you included in your reply. Although you are seeing my responses in your e-mail and you are replying by e-mail, the conversation is taking place publicly in our Member Community where you initially posted your complaint.

Our Help Team is aware that you are awaiting their further attention, and they will continue to try to reach you by phone and in your help ticket.

I think a customer complaint can too easily devolve into a “stand your ground” stance despite having been treated to caring customer service. The hardest thing to do during a whine is to back off (according to my own cringe worthy and embarrassing past experience). Re-read the messages. Blow it all off. Eat more ice cream. I dare not tell you how I am an expert here at whining/jousting with windmills; not that Republic is a windmill metaphor. Life is too short to waste time on the small stuff. Customers have choices and one choice is to walk away. Another choice is to accept the help offered. Customer Service is like a punching bag that keeps rebounding from the abuse. What a way to make a living! Give 'em some slack. They’re good people.

1 Like

Wow, I have worked in customer service for over 30 years. Your opinion that customer service is a “joust” is what will make your company disappear. Customer service is about keeping your business.

Thank you for the email though. I am thrilled to be able to post that message from the CEO all over the internet with my reviews. Too many cell plans to choose from, yours offers nothing special.

I will also submit your email to the BBB to back up my complaint.

You call me a whiner, I call myself a victim of your crime. It sounds like you would call someone who got robbed or raped a whiner.

I’ve seen it happen, your company will not last.

Hi @deborahpaige,

Although you are receiving replies by e-mail and replying to them by e-mail, the conversation is taking place publicly in our Member Community where you posted your thoughts in reply to @DeanInDunedin.

@DeanInDunedin is a Republic Wireless member. He’s not the CEO of the company, nor an employee. He’s another customer, sharing his perspective just as you shared yours.

3 Likes
Message an
Expert customer