Confusing data warning

data

I have the .5GB plan but got warning my data was all used up at 279MB. Why is this?

0 Likes

Hi @lauras.yqglr2

Where are you seeing the warning?. You can set your phone to warn you at a certain point in Android.

It would be helpful to know which phone you have.

Go to Settings/DataUsage and you can slide the warning bar up and down.

If this is not the issue, please add some detail and we should be able to help.

2 Likes

Good morning;Dang–I forgot to bring my phone with me, (a Moto G3) but I received this email message:

When I went into my data settings on my phone, it shows the slider with 297MB data used. I’ll admit I don’t quite understand all the data settings, but know that turning roaming ON seemed to use up the rest of my data within 10 minutes.
Regards, Laura

Edited by moderator to remove number from image.

0 Likes

Do you possibly have roaming turned on in the Republic app? If you use roaming data, even a little, it could have this effect.

0 Likes

I had turned roaming on, which brought on the message. Is it saying I used all my data because of a glitch, do you think? I expected roaming to use lots more data, but not within 15 minutes! Regards, Laura

0 Likes

Hi @lauras.yqglr2,

Roaming on Republic’s 2.0 plans uses data 18.3 times faster than native data, so it can indeed go very quickly. Do you know if you are in a roaming area? What does Sprint’s map tell you: http://coverage.sprint.com?

0 Likes

Yes, I was in a roaming area, but my confusion was that it told me I was out of data at 279MB when my plan is for 0.5GB. Thought I should have another 220MB or so left!? Regards, Laura

0 Likes

Hi @lauras.yqglr2,

Your math is impeccable, however, where did you see you had used 279MB of cell data? Was this the Republic app or Android settings? The Republic app will count every 1 MB of roaming data as 18.3 MB of native data.

1 Like

Hi there. I think you just solved it for me. I always thought the Android setting was tied to Republic wireless, but just saw that the RW app shows 471MB used! (Though I should still have a little bit of data left.)

1 Like

closed #10

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer