Connected to WiFi but no internet

What phone do you have? Moto G5 Plus (64GB)
What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? My plan includes data, talk, and text

Issue Description

A little background first… I have be having issues with the guestnet wifi at my place of business for about 6 months now. I work in a large hospital and get poor cell reception at work (phone calls only) In the past I would connect to the WiFi and the status would show me connected and obtain an IP address. While fully connected I would receive spotty data connectivity throughout the day. As soon as I leave the building I get a good cell reception and I have no wifi issues on my home network.

Just today my phone gets zero data connectivity at work. When I try to connect to wifi it says connected but no internet When I click on that message tab for options the only ones presented to me is to “disable this connection” or “ignore this error”. This is a public wifi but it does not have a EULA restriction (eg. I see that as a provided solution to similiar issues like this).

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @fcodym
Try forgetting the wifi connection to work & then try reconnecting.

1 Like

This makes me wonder if they changed their policy. They may now have a verification page. If you open your browser see if it comes up. it is also possible that they are now blocking ports. See Required Ports & Protocol for Open Access here:

3 Likes

It ended up being a little bit of everything…

My company did update it’s network which required a new connection to the public WiFi so I had to clear that cache first. I was still having some issue and so in the end I had to reboot my phone.

2 days after this occurred I see that I have a Android OS/System upgrade. I feel like maybe this is all connected.

Thanks for the help everyone> Lesson learned; even with a cell phone it pays to turn it off and back on again.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer