Connectivity issues

I am having connectivity issues when not on wifi

Hi @janicer.ldeszy - can you give the Community a few more details so we can better assist you?

1. What type of phone do you have?

2. What plan do you have?

3. A few more details about connectivity please. Are you missing calls, texts, or unable to access web when on cell? You state “when not on WiFi” so I assume everything works when you’re on WiFi.

A few of these details will be a good starting point to help troubleshoot the issue.

1 Like

I have a Moto G4 Not sure what you mean by the plan. I have plenty of GB remaining. When out of range of Wifi not always able to connect to cell or when I do cell drops. At first I thought it was weather related but then realized this has not been an issue in the past.

Jan

Never give up

Hi @janicer.ldeszy,

In the past, when it was not an issue, were you using a different phone?

The reason I ask is that we offer coverage through partnerships with two different cellular carriers. If you upgraded from one of our older phones to a new phone (after July 2016) you may have been moved from a phone that had coverage through our partnership with Sprint, to a phone that has coverage through our partnership with T-Mobile.

If you’d like to try using your existing Republic Wireless phone and current plan on Sprint’s network, I’d be glad to send you a SIM card that would allow you to give it a try. Changing SIM cards does not cause you to change your phone number or to lose any personal data on the phone.

1 Like

This has all been on the same phone

Jan

Never give up

1 Like

Would you like to try the other SIM card to see if the coverage improves?

1 Like

Thank you for this offer. I am looking at going to straight Talk, they use Sprint, Verizon and ATT, floating for coverage.

Jan

Never give up

Can I transfer my number?

Jan

Never give up

Hi @janicer.ldeszy yes you can transfer your number. Based on your other thread, I assume you are transferring your number away from Republic Wireless and to another provider. Instructions are in the link below.

If you are interested, there are still a few things we could help you get better coverage. Republic Wireless has two carriers and the other one may work better for you. If you’re not interested in trying, I get that. You probably just want a phone that works. Please let us know if there are any questions we can help you with.

1 Like

I will be leaving RW, how to transfer my number?

Hi @janicer.ldeszy and welcome to the Member Community. See if this article helps.

I see your other post about connectivity. Is this what’s driving the change from RW? I’m sure others are looking at that issue and might have some suggestions to correct the operation. If not, then is there anything else the Community can do to help?

1 Like

Yes, connectivity issues is the reason I am looking at leaving. On two recent trips out of state, everyone in the car could look up inquiries and I could not. this was in the states of Ohio, Kentucky, Tenn.

Jan

Never give up

If you were interested is likely that any coverage issues that you have could have been improved with a new SIM card. Republic offers 2 of the 4 national carriers plus their roaming partners. Generally, one of the two will have the coverage that suits a customer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer