Contemplating options for new phones...am I thinking this through correctly?

I currently have four lines on the My Choice Talk & Text ($20 plan, three of them with 1GB Data ($5).
Two of those go over and need more data somewhat frequently. ($95 plus tax and $5-$10 additional sometimes)
It will probably be a few years, but I will probably need a fifth line.

If I am reading correctly, ALL plans have some kind if data included now?

So if I switched…

Four of the Only What You Need plans would be $30 + $30 = $60 (Save $35 assuming similar occasional overages PLUS my non-data line gets data).

Three Only What You Need and 1 Everything You Want would be $20 +$30 + $40 = $90. I can hand over the hot spot to the other phone that goes over while I use the unlimited for my “overage” (STILL save $5 , probably no overages AND data on last phone that currently doesn’t have it AND a hot spot)

With new line…

Five of the Only What You Need plans would be $30 + $30 + $20 = $80 (Save $15 assuming similar occasional overages PLUS my non-data line gets data AND this includes a line not on the account yet).

Four Only What You Need and 1 Everything You Want would be $30 +$30 + $40 = $100. Again, I can hand over the hot spot to the other phone that goes over while I use the unlimited for my “overage” ($5 more than what I’m paying right now, but probably no overages AND data on phone 4 AND an additional line with data)

If I wanted to “live a little”…
Three Only What You needs and 2 Everything You Wants would be $20 + $30 + $60 = $110. $15 more than current, with the above features, but TWO phones with unlimited data (there’s only one hot spot with the two lines right?).

Essentially the $20 plan for one 5.0 line is the same as the $25 for the My Choice Talk, Text & Data, AND two phones $30 plan is the same as $50 for My Choice Talk, Text and Data?

Or am I missing something? It seems these plans are better than the others, so am I missing something? It seems there are some people who are upset about these new plans.

It’s after midnight, so I hope I typed this all out ok. Sorry its long.

You’re mostly right!

Just to clarify, the Only What You Need $20 plan includes 1GB of cell data, just like the My Choice plan with 1GB of cell date. (The My Choice unlimited talk and text only plan is $15/month.)

So, two phones for $30 would be the same as two phones for $40 on the My Choice plan (for all of these options of course also add taxes/fees).

Also, the hotspot limit is per LINE in the multi-line accounts.

You may find the comparisons at the link here useful, too: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415797019159-Information-for-Existing-Republic-Wireless-Members-Considering-Moving-to-a-5-0-Plan

1 Like

Ah. I just looked again. I missed five dollars in taxes! I thought $25 seemed high. $75 a month right now plus taxes and overages…

So savings decrease and/or costs increase by $20.

With four lines, situation 1, save $15 instead of $35. Situation 2 I pay $15 more, but get unlimited data and a hot spot.

Five lines, situation 1, $5 more for a fifth line. Situation 2 $25 more, with fifth line, an unlimited line and a hot spot and the “live a little” $40 more for two unlimited lines, TWO hot spots and the fifth line.

Since I’m going to need multiple accounts, are they all tied together or are they going to be separate billing, separate logins, etc,? What about email? Can I use the same email? If so am I going to get double notices for everything?

I would just leave taxes and fees out of the equation and just focus on the plan prices for the comparisons. Taxes and fees are added to both plans (and, will likely be similar per line with the new plans, although perhaps someone who has already activated their SIM can speak to that).

The accounts will be entirely separate, and each will require a different email address for login. So, yes; you will get account alerts for each account sent to the email address associated with that account.

1 Like

Ok, last (hopefully) questions.

Is there a guide for switching over? i.e. Should I switch my main line with my current email and a second line, then create the second account and move the other two over?

Is there any chance (I know few if any probably can answer this) they’ll eliminate the need for multiple accounts? I don’t entirely understand the reasoning for it and it seems like it’s going to be hassle.

Here is a link to the general guidance: https://help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/4415592986263

I would not even think about changing over, though, until the streamlined process they are working on for current members is in place (hopefully not long after the first of the year). We should see an email go out at that point that announces the new plans.

According to the help article, benefits of waiting to switch include fewer steps to switch, a faster automated process to keep your number, ability to keep your bill cycle date, and keeping your account email and account history.

5 Likes