Continual Poor Service

What phone do you have? Moto G7 Play

What plan are you on? My Choice + 3GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Each phone I’ve gotten consecutively from Republic Wireless (Moto phones) has decreased in quality. I just replaced my Moto G4 phone and since getting this phone it doesn’t automatically connect to a wireless connection, sporadic at receiving text messages, my location services doesn’t allow me to change it from the main screen I have to go into settings. I am not comfortable at all or ever having my location be identified unless I’m traveling.

Issue Description

Hi @leeannp.eu1csy!

Welcome back to the community!

Ok. Try forgetting the WiFi network on the phone and re-adding it. See if that fixes it.

So are they not arriving at all or arriving late? Also, is this occurring on WiFi, cell, or both? If you don’t know, could you check and see?

I would recommend, first, rebooting the phone if you haven’t recently. Then, I would recommend clearing the devices cache. You can find out how to do that here: How to Clear the Android System Cache on Motorola and Nexus Phones with a Cache Partition – Republic Help . After you do that, try sending and receiving texts on both WiFi and cell and see if they arrive in a timely manner. You may also be interested in this help article: Troubleshooting Texting Issues – Republic Help

I definitely understand! Go ahead and pull down from the top of the display to get to the quick settings menu (where the location services used to be). Do you see the little location icon? If not, look for a pencil icon. Tap the pencil icon and see if the location icon appears in the other menu. If it appears, drag and drop it onto the main pull-down menu.

1 Like

Hi @leeannp.eu1csy,

It sounds like most of the things you mentioned about your Moto G7 Play have nothing to do with our service, but with either configuration of your new phone or changes to Android that have come with buying a new phone on a far newer operating system. I think @mb2x has you going in the right direction to get some of those things working as you prefer them.

Of all the things you listed, only “sporadic text messages” is service-related. Could you make sure you have the phone configured properly for our service and then let us know if the messaging issue continues?

Here are the instructions you’ll need to do so:

1 Like

Hi @leeannp.eu1csy!

Have your resolved your issues?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer