Costco app incompatible

I had to factory reset my Motorolo Moto G5 Plus. The Costco app, which I used regularly, is now incompatible with my phone. Why is this? How can I correct this?

It appears that Costco updated the app on August 27th and that many people are now complaining about compatibility (as well as other issues). Hopefully Costco will remedy the situation quickly. The best course of action would be to contact Costco and voice your displeasure.

2 Likes

Weird, I’ve see someone else say this as well, on a new Moto G7 Play. I can’t figure out what’s triggering it. It installs on my Pixel 3XL without issue.

1 Like

Thank you. I contacted Costco first. Maybe I’ll contact them again to tell them there are more people with my problem.

It is weird. Only about half of my devices are compatible with the app now. Even so, it seems the updated app has other issues once you get past the compatibility hurdle.

I came here to ask if anybody knew about this issue when I saw your post, pawhite410. I also had to reset my Moto X (2nd Gen) and now some apps I had installed are showing as incompatible, and the Costco app is one of them. Just starting to look into it and wanted to mention it.

I’m also seeing this with Adobe Capture, Google Camera, and the Lowes app.

Btw - The reason for resetting my Moto X2 was because I kept getting an error of ‘Messages isn’t responding. Do you want to close it?’ Working much better now, but still pops-up once in a while. :confused:

Adobe Capture requires Android version 6 or above. The Costco app requires Android version 7 or above. Your Moto X 2nd gen phone is stuck on Android 5.1 and won’t receive any further updates. The other two apps? Your guess is as good as mine.

1 Like

Costco updated the app yesterday (Sept. 4). It’s still not showing compatibility with several devices for which it should be compatible.

Hi Mike,
I’ve contacted Costco again in two ways telling them I wasn’t the only one with the problem. I hope they get this reworked app corrected soon.

I had to reset my phone because: I couldn’t get on the wifi at my son’s, even though my husband with an identical phone had no problem. As I tried to work through it with Republic, thinks went from bad to worse. I couldn’t even use my data. I realized that there had been some other problems I had noticed over the past three weeks. Except for Costco, the phone seems to be working will now.

Thanks.

Peyton

Yeah. I know 5.1 is getting long in the tooth. It’s just kind of frustrating when you have everything installed and updated and your’re using an app just fine one day but can’t even install it the next day…

I’ll keep trying!

Looks like Costco has updated the listing to show that their app now requires at least Android 7. Oh well.

That doesn’t explain the incompatibility with the G7 Play (running 9.0).

Oops! Missed that. Yep, something else is up…

Message an
Expert customer