Costco Phone with old sim card

I have a Moto G3, and I’m interested in purchasing the Moto G5 plus. Can I move my sim card from the G3 to the G5 so that I do not need to change my plan with RW? My plan is currently refundable with the option to purchase data as needed, so I’d like to keep that if possible. TIA!

No you can not move the Moto G 3rd SIM in to a newer phone as the SIM is not compatible with 3.0 phones (the SIM is CDMA and link to the phone unlike GSM SIMs)
all 3.0 phones need a 3.0 plan

No, this will not work. The SIM in the G3 must stay with it even if you sell it. You will need a new SIM for the G5 Plus. The G5 Plus, like all new phones that work with RW must go on the new plans which don;t include refundable data.

If you sell your G3 to someone else, that model is grandfathered into the Republic Refund plan much to the buyer’s advantage.

To add to the previous answers, you can purchase a BYOP SIM from either here: Bring your own phone to Republic! | Republic Wireless or here: https://www.amazon.com/Republic-Wireless-Starter-Prepaid-Carrier/dp/B01J63NYAO

Thank you for the information!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.