Any chance we might get formal word on the Pixel 4a 5G in time for possible Black Friday/Cyber Monday offers? Sorry… I already do know the official answer… Just hoping whoever is testing might see this and be able to make the call in time for this…
We like to keep the community nice and clean so I’m going to pass the answer you already know. Republic doesn’t announce things until it announces things. If and when it becomes available it will be announced here in the community and added to the list here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help
I understand the sense of urgency around the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals and I’ll pass that perspective along to the decision-makers. (No promises, though.)
Completely understood about the caveat AND VERY MUCH appreciated that you’re trying. You’re the best!!!
I’m afraid I have not been able to secure any guarantee that this phone will be supported. If it helps you make a buying decision (especially if there’s a return option with no penalty), you’ve made a pretty sound argument in another topic that all previous Pixel devices have been supported.
And if it helps any, then phone is under evaluation - it’s not that we’ve decided against it and just don’t want to say so. It’s just that phone has not yet passed QA testing so we cannot yet announce support.
I’m sorry the timing didn’t work out to have a good answer in time for the Black Friday sales. Here’s hoping it passes QA with flying colors.
What great deal are you eyeing?
Thank you!!! Actually I’ve been keeping my eye out for deals but haven’t seen any great ones yet. Part of my consideration is that Google and Amazon are both having deals for the Pixel 5, and if Republic ends up NOT supporting the 4a 5G, I’m probably going to have to miss out on those ones by waiting… BUT, I do think it is relatively safe to wait as I’ve indicated elsewhere. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed, thank you again for trying and wishing you and yours a wonderful, healthy and safe Thanksgiving!
Be aware too that just because a phone is listed 5G cellular doesn’t mean that it is actually using 5G. It will probably be quite awhile before the real world implementation catches up to all the marketing hype.
Thanks. 5G isn’t a big deal to me, except perhaps for future proofing. Of the 3 new Pixels, the 4a 5G is the most appealing to me because of the combination/balance of screen size, battery life, and price point.
There’s a crazy deal through the Google store right now. I can get $240 trade-in value for my Pixel 2 XL when purchasing a Pixel 4a 5G. I really wish we had an approximate certification date for the Pixel 4a 5G because that’s a lot of money that could be saved.
Google deals are going to last through the weekend but I doubt we’ll get the approval prior to sometime next week at the earliest.
If I were in your shoes I might pull the trigger anyway. By the time the phone arrives AND if you could wait several days prior to shipping out your old phone, you may be golden. For me, I may as well hold off. I have a moto g7, which is only a $25 trade in… And I think that’s Google’s standard trade in for my phone anyway.
I pulled the trigger as I have a 2xl as well and get the 235 back when I send them my phone. If republic wireless doesn’t approve the 4a 5g I can go to mint mobile. They have 5g and cheaper plans with more gb.
That’s a good point. It looks like the deal is good through Monday, so I’ll wait a couple more days and pull the trigger as well. I love my Pixel 2 XL, but the battery has been struggling lately.
I’m in the exact same boat as you with my 2xl & was thinking the exact same thing. Think I’ll do the same.