Couldn't load voicemail

What phone do you have? Motox4

What plan are you on? My Choice 1 gig

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? both

When I try to listen to voicemail I se a message “loading voicemail” which then changes to “couldn’t load voicemail.” I rebooted the phone, but it still happened.

Never mind. I turned of wi fi and it worked over cellular.

1 Like

Although this fixed the immediate problem, to me it is a pretty good indicator that you may have a WiFi Problem. Assuming this was at home where you have control of the WiFi you may want to check out Quick Checks 1 & 2 in Router Tweaks - Keep WiFi 1st - a Community Guide

2 Likes

Thanks, I do have a known problem, but it’s not exactly wifi. It’s Spectrum. Service is glitchy, slow, cuts in and out, and they have a monopoly in my area.

ok, historically ISP;s don’t have the best record for providing users the greatest routers. Even if you have the best they offer, a neighbor may be on top of the channel that they defaulted you to. The guide I referenced you to was developed from following users problems over the years.
Normally with a power off/on of the router a new ‘best channel’ is picked by the router … and it’s often best until the neighbor does the same thing … that’s the time you make yourself the neighborhood WiFi guru and help everybody out :slight_smile:

I have my own router, an Apple Airport. When I experience internet problems it’s rarely the wifi, but is further up the line with the Spectrum cable or infrastructure. Their own techs have told me on a number of occasions “you’re getting a weak signal. I don’t know why, and I’m not going to do anything about it.”

ok thanks, sorry to hear about the level of service you have received from Spectrrum and that you have no choices.

You should keep calling. I had a similar problem with Frontier when they were all that was available in my area. I finally got a CSR at ~3am who identified the problem and sent out a technician the next day who repaired the line from the utility pole to the house. It fixed everything. I just had to be persistent.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer