Coverage change work phone upgrade

Moto G7

1 GB

Includes data

Issue Description

I do not have the same coverage with this new phone. I don’t have coverage where my old phone did. Moto G4 is the old phone. Moto G7 is the new.

Hi @randyc.0h257y and welcome to the Community. This sounds very much like the Moto G4 had CDMA coverage (Sprint) and the Moto G7 has GSM (T-Mobile). The following information is based on the understanding that you purchased the Moto G7 and not a Moto G7 Power or Moto G7 Play.

Here’s a couple of links that can help you verify the SIMs –

If you ordered the Moto G7 from RW it came with a GSM SIM. According to the RW site, the G7 only comes with GSM coverage at this time. RW is working on a CDMA SIM but no date for release has been given.

Here’s how to request a CDMA SIM once they become available

Others in the Community can verify coverage if you will share your zip code (only) no other information.

Hope this helps!

I have the Moto G7 phone with the GSM Sim card. This coverage is not good in my area. I lose coverage at work and driving home. Never noticed issues with old phone.

Hi @randyc.0h257y,

You began a conversation in our online Member community about your coverage on your new Moto G7.

That conversation is publicly visible on the internet.

In reply, @freddyp sent you some links to some of our help documents, including how to request a CDMA SIM card.

Even though you are seeing the replies in your E-mail, the conversation is publicly visible in our online Community.

Please do not reply with personal information. The personal information you sent previously has been redacted from your reply.

In order to request the CDMA SIM card, please open a ticket by logging into our help center at help.republicwireless.com.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer