Coverage in Puerto Rico?

Can I make and receive calls/texts while traveling in Puerto Rico (off WiFi)? I am seeing conflicting info. I will be mostly in the San Juan area. It shows up as a “covered” area when I type in the zip code, but am just a little unclear whether my phone will work down there. I have one of the older plans on a Moto G 3rd Gen. Any help is appreciated!

My Republic Service

International service

Republic does not consider calls or texts to Canadian numbers to be international calling (including MMS for supported carriers). This means you can make outbound calls and texts to the 50 U.S. states and Canada under Republic’s plan.

In addition, you can make outbound cellular calls to Per Call Countries/Territories. Per Call Countries/Territories include Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Northern Mariana Islands, Johnston Atoll, Midway Atoll, and the Wake Island. Republic currently includes outbound calls to Per Call Countries/Territories as part of our monthly calling plans but reserves the right to charge up to $0.50 per minute. For Republic Wireless phones with Android OS versions prior to 5.1, Per Call Countries/Territories outbound cellular calling will not work if caller ID is blocked.

Your Republic Wireless phone can place or receive calls and texts (including MMS for supported carriers) over WiFi from anywhere in the world to any U.S., Canadian or Per Call Country/Territory phone number.

there has yet be a reported case where Republic has charged this per minute charge Republic is holding the right to do so if usage is abused

Every country and territory question has been asked and answered in this community by our awesome customers. I do not want to duplicate their work. Here is a list of Puerto Rico questions over the last 90 days.

Message an
Expert customer