Why am I using data while at home on WIFI ? My Moto g5s is using data from google play svc while it is disabled, also settings storage? Where did settings storage come from, it was never there before ? What happened to the Republic arc in the upper left corner, it used to be solid now it’s just an outline?
If it’s just an outline, then it is indicating that you are connected to Cell. For a complete understanding you need to do a 1 finger swipe down and look at the Notification.
- Here is the link to What are the Connectivity Status Notifications? – Republic Help
- Make note of the verbiage/color and post back what you find, sounds like you have a WiFi problem
#2 calls over cell, messages and data over WIFI
The phone and Republic Wireless examined the signal received over your WiFi and found that it wouldn’t support a quality phone call.
- I would suggest you start with Power Cycle your network - - This can fix many problems and is considered a Best Practice , something that many of us do periodically. Most routers only do a check for best channel at reset or power up time.
- If this doesn’t ‘fix’ the problem, continue with Quick Check #2 in the same reference
Tried a restart , have great WIFI,. Swiping down says "on WIFI, calls over cell, messages and data over WIFI ,outlined blue arc. Now Google Service Framework is using data.
- Take a look at Quick Check #2, WiFi is still not up to par
- Found this for Google services
Found this 'How do you stop Google services from using data?"
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Data usage Cellular data usage.
- Make sure you’re viewing the network for which you want to view or restrict app data usage.
- Scroll down and tap the Google Play Store .
- Tap Background data Unrestricted data usage.
Should the background buttons be off ( gray not green )? Should the unrestricted data usage button be off (gray not green) Why is the Google Backup Transport using my data and what does it do?
You would want it off/gray.
- Have you checked Google Play Store, Menu top left, then settings. Do you have ‘Auto update apps over Wi-fi only’ selected? … else lots of stuff can happen in the background.
This is a Moto G5S, what will happen if I do a (reset app preferences) . Will I keep all my photos and contacts? I still don’t have the Republic solid logo in the upper left corner.
- When I accessed the Apps function in Settings and selected 'Reset app preferences, I received a PopUP that listed all the things that would get reset and the statement “You will not lose any app data” … I would take their word for it
- Not having the solid RW logo is still the key indicator of an Internet connection that does not fully support VoIP. Have you done any of the Quick Checks outlined above in the 1st response? The problem may be with your phone, the router or the ISP and it can be a pain to seperate them out so you can fix the culprit.
- I forgot to suggest booting up in Safe Mode to help eliminate a 3rd party app that may be causing the problem.
How do I reboot in safe mode ?
- Press and hold the Power button for 2-3 seconds until the Power off pop-up message appears
- Press and hold the on-screen Power off pop-up message until you see Reboot to safe mode
- Note: If you are running Android 8.0 Oreo or higher on a Nexus, Google, or Motorola phone, this will automatically reboot the phone into Safe Mode without showing the pop-up
- Tap OK when the Reboot to safe mode pop-up appears
- Your phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in the bottom-left corner
- Try using or testing the issue you were experiencing while in Safe Mode
I just found out how to restart safe.
Restart in safe mode is still the same , But No WIFI.
Tried safe Mode, didn’t work, tried reset WIFI and still no Republic arc in left corner.
When I turn on the phone I get a full arc sometimes , until I swipe the screen then it goes to a outline.
Do I want to turn off background data?
I would concentrate on fixing your WiFi and getting a solid RW Arc … I don’t have the same phone you do so perhaps someone else can chime in on the ‘background data’ question.
Follow the quick Checks outlined in this link => Router Tweaks - Keep WiFi 1st - a Community Guide … post back the results of QC#2 is (a screenshot would be best) for further help