Data usage-unable to buy more data

Hi, I’m rehabbing a house in Nevada and don’t have internet setup. I’m using my phone for Bluetooth tethering so I can use my iPad. I’ve gone thru the max 15 GB per month allowed in 12 days. I don’t mind paying for more (leave in a week) but it won’t let me. Is there something else I can buy that will give me more data? Really don’t understand why they cap it…it’s my money, I’m an adult and I need more of the product they’re selling but I’m not allowed to buy any more. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @raymondm.jwl9sm,

I’m afraid the 15 GB is a hard cap with no convenient way around it. If the iPad is cellular enabled, this may be of interest: New from Republic Wireless: A data-only SIM card.

I’m afraid it’s not. Not sure what else to do except switch phone companies which I don’t want o do bu might have to.

1 Like

If you expect the need for more than 15 GB of cell data a month to be ongoing, that’s certainly an option. I’ll throw out another possibility; that being pairing a mobile hotspot device with the previously referenced Republic data only SIM. You’d then use the hotspot rather than your phone to feed the iPad. Some ideas here: Supported Radio Frequencies (Bands) for Republic's New Data Only SIM.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer