Default SIM PIN

sim

Hello,

I would like to enact more of the security features on my phone, and was looking to lock my SIM card with a PIN. How do I find the manufacturer’s default SIM PIN unlock code?

Thank You,
Melissa

Hi @melissah.9nlqiz

Are you looking for a PIN to control the transfer of your number to another carrier? You now set your PIN using the instruction in the document at this link:

If you are trying to accomplish something else, please provide a bit more input on what that is.

Thanks!

Hello,

I am looking to set a lock PIN for my SIM card, should my phone fall into
the wrong hands. When I attempt to do this on my Moto G4 Play, I am asked
to enter the SIM PIN, however, I have never set one in the past. I’m
assuming that there is a default from the manufacturer, but I don’t know
what it is.

Thanks,
Melissa

Also, I had already set a PIN through my account settings, but when I tried
that one, I was told it was wrong and that I only had two tries left. Maybe
I need to wait longer for the system to update my PIN?

Thanks for the clarification. If the default SIM PIN of 1234 does not work, you will need to open a support ticket.

The PIN in account settings is not the same as the SIM PIN you are trying to set.

Here is the link to opening a support ticket:

The PIN one sets in the Republic My Account portal and a SIM lock/unlock password are different things. Typically, the default SIM lock/unlock password is 1234. Other than preventing someone from moving the SIM to different phone, locking the SIM is of little use. You might find this guidance from a fellow Republic member to be more useful: My phone is lost or was stolen - now what?.

Hi Rolandh,

Actually, someone taking/having unauthorized access to my SIM is precisely
my concern. I had an incident recently which I don’t want a repeat of.

Thanks,
Melissa

Thank you, that worked.

I understand what you’re saying. Generally, unlike with flip phones, there’s no information other than one’s phone number tied to a smartphone’s SIM. Contacts, text messages, etc. are all stored on the phone itself, not the SIM. If a phone and/or SIM is lost or stolen, Republic is able to block use of one’s phone number until replacement is effected.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.