Delay in connecting the call after ringing stops

What phone do you have? Moto G6 Play

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes, it includes data.

Issue Description

Over the past few months, my wife and I (we both have Moto G6 Play phones) have experienced problems with not being able to hear the person we’re calling for a few seconds after they’ve answered the phone. The person will be saying, “Hello? Hello? Hello?” Then finally, we can hear them talking. Also, often times when we receive a call, we answer the phone, and the caller can’t hear us right away. I’m not sure of the exact date when this started happening, but it wasn’t always this way.

This problem occurs whether we are on a wifi or a cellular connection.

Unless someone comes up with a better idea, I think you should open a help ticket. I can’t really think of much that would be user repairable that would cause what you are experiencing.

Okay, thanks.

Okay, I opened a help ticket and they recommended that I first try the following, and it worked!

1. Make sure the phone is connected to WiFi
  2. Open the Phone app
  3. Open the dial pad (if it isn’t already open), and dial *** # * # 8647 # * # ***
  • Note: On Samsung Galaxy phones, you will need to press the dial button. On all other phones, the numbers will disappear after the last asterisk (*) is dialed.
  • Note: There are no spaces between any of these characters
  1. If any on-screen prompts to adjust network settings or ask for permissions, follow and allow
  2. Wait about a minute and then power the phone off and back on
  • Note: On some phones you will be prompted when to restart
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer