Delayed Shipments Due to Accident at Fulfillment Center - 05/01/18

Due to an unfortunate accident at our fulfillment center, the shipment of orders placed after 6 p.m. ET on Friday, April 27, 2018 may be delayed. At this time, we are unable to identify exactly what orders are impacted in this delay.

Thankfully, no one was injured in this accident and we hope to resume our normal shipping operations tomorrow, May 2, 2018.

Edited (by Southpaw) to add:
Update 5/2/2018: We will be proactively working through the orders impacted by this incident with the goal of making this situation right for our members. This will involve a combination of adjusting shipping methods to meet target delivery dates or applying shipping credits when that’s not possible. Please allow us time to work through that process, and no support ticket will be necessary in most cases.

Slow shipping of sim card
Need my Sim card

Glad nobody was hurt.

I worked as a Shipping/Receiving manager at a machine shop when I was younger, the owner almost killed me several times, luckily, I was fast on my feet back then.

Who backed up the forklift into a rack??

Warehouses are very dangerous places.
Good to hear that no one was hurt.

Lol,. I worked at Scullen Steel in STL,. the overhead crane dumped hot/molten slag into a railway car that had frozen layers of ice inside.

I was lucky, the overhead crane driver was luckier, although it took years for him to recover from his burns.

edit:: (I used to get shocked by the cranes duct-taped electro-magno connection, It had shorted-out one day and dropped it’s raw steel on a unfortunate welder, so I took my new new responsibility serious).

I my sorry for the accident at your fulfillment center, and am glad no one was injured. I hope no equipment was damaged, especially the phone I just ordered on 4/30/2018. I am curious as to when I will receive my phone?

Hi @debuflaunt,

Thank you for your concern and understanding.

At this time we do not have the details on the specific orders, as the fulfillment center has been temporarily closed. We are anticipating further information later today, and we will provide updates as soon as the information is available.

I guess we will be credited for paying for next day air when our orders should have been here days ago??

Are you sending out backorder emails to the affected orders or is that unrelated?

Generally, backorder emails go out when items are genuinely backordered. May we know what item(s), Republic has advised are backordered?

Hi @christoperl.albdmz,

I have not yet received this morning’s back-order report, but I will try to get that information for you.

Hi @rachelj.4padi2,

We will be proactively working through the orders impacted by this incident with the goal being to make this situation right for our members. This will involve a combination of adjusting shipping methods to meet target delivery dates or applying shipping credits when that’s not possible. If you can please give us time to work through that process, then no support ticket will even be necessary in most cases.

I’m assuming orders for SIM cards are affected too? Haven’t received shipping notice, so am assuming these have been affected too? How long should we wait before opening a ticket?

Southpaw, Thank you for the update. I am looking forward to receiving my phone.

Hi @robertr.uplbqy,

The people answering the tickets do not have any newer information than what we’re sharing here. Did you order a SIM card with free shipping, or did you need the SIM card more urgently?

Free shipping version. Just bought a new BYOD phone and so I ordered the sim.

I ordered an S8 yesterday with one day shipping and was notified that it was backordered this morning. From my quick research, this is a known issue with RW, where they allow you to go through the transaction without notifying you that your item will take “1-2” weeks, after you paid to get it no later than the weekend…

Hi @christopherl.albdmz,

There’s no “known issue” here. We’re currently dealing with a complex situation of an accident in one fulfillment center and a transitional process to another center. I believe the transition is resulting in some of the phones moving to “back-ordered” status as their inventory is transitioning from one fulfillment center to the other, however, as I mentioned when I replied to you earlier, I have not yet seen the back-order report for today so did not want to give you incorrect information. I’d prefer to wait for accurate details.

The last time I checked, we had adequate inventory on the S8. I do not beleive you will be facing a 1-2 week wait on this order. However, I will update you with definite details once they are available to me.

Thanks for the reply. For the slower, free-shipping method, there’s really nothing a support ticket would accomplish. We’ll get the order fulfilled as quickly as possible. I’ve verified your order is in our system, so it’s just a matter of our working through this situation. I do see your order on a list of those anticipated to ship today.