It’s hard to know from such varied and possibly separate examples whether you have an issue we need to identify, or whether you’re just a very keen observer whose has been affected by different instances of temporary issues on our end.
For now, let’s assume the single instance two weeks ago was not part of an ongoing trend, if everything seemed to work correctly in the interim.
On the 14th we did experience delays for text messages between RW numbers. So if the affected text messages were to or from other Republic members, that would have been part of that incident. It was resolved at 2:00 p.m.
If your text messaging partners on the 14th were not other RW members, or if the issue persisted beyond 2:00 p.m., we could explore some troubleshooting steps, but if the phone isn’t experiencing the issue now, it would be hard to determine whether the steps help.
Turning the phone off and back on (which it sounds like you’ve done) is always a good step. If you’re on Wi-Fi and experiencing issues, resetting the network is a good troubleshooting step. That’s done by taking these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Unplug the router or modem/router combo from the electrical source.
- Unplug) the modem, if it is separate from the router, from the electrical source.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug in the modem or modem/router combo and wait for it to fully boot and all light indicators to light up.
- Plug in the router, if it is separate from the modem, and wait for it to fully boot up and all light indicators to light up.
- Turn the phone back on and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.