Delays in recieving texts

What phone do you have? Moto 4g

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Talk Text and 1G of Data

Issue Description

I am experiencing delays in getting my texts. Also the texts I send are going through ok but are going through twice. First noticed this two weeks ago one time. then it seemed to be ok until two days ago 08-14-2019

Hi @ritaw.8ln5hy,

Is there anything in common between these experiences? For example, does it always happen in one particular location, or when you are connected to a specific Wi-Fi network?

1 Like

The first time it happened it was only one text and I was not on any wi fi.
The second time it was about 6 texts over two days and I was home so on my wi fi .
All the texts came through this morning when I turned my phone on and so far it has been working

It’s hard to know from such varied and possibly separate examples whether you have an issue we need to identify, or whether you’re just a very keen observer whose has been affected by different instances of temporary issues on our end.

For now, let’s assume the single instance two weeks ago was not part of an ongoing trend, if everything seemed to work correctly in the interim.

On the 14th we did experience delays for text messages between RW numbers. So if the affected text messages were to or from other Republic members, that would have been part of that incident. It was resolved at 2:00 p.m.

If your text messaging partners on the 14th were not other RW members, or if the issue persisted beyond 2:00 p.m., we could explore some troubleshooting steps, but if the phone isn’t experiencing the issue now, it would be hard to determine whether the steps help.

Turning the phone off and back on (which it sounds like you’ve done) is always a good step. If you’re on Wi-Fi and experiencing issues, resetting the network is a good troubleshooting step. That’s done by taking these steps:

1. Turn off the phone.
  2. Unplug the router or modem/router combo from the electrical source.
  3. Unplug) the modem, if it is separate from the router, from the electrical source.
  4. Wait one minute.
  5. Plug in the modem or modem/router combo and wait for it to fully boot and all light indicators to light up.
  6. Plug in the router, if it is separate from the modem, and wait for it to fully boot up and all light indicators to light up.
  7. Turn the phone back on and reconnect to the Wi-Fi network.
2 Likes

Hi @ritaw.8ln5hy,

Have you been able to identify any more specifics about when your text messages are delayed?

1 Like

Everything seems to be working ok as far as I can tell. thanks for asking!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer