Delays sending/receiving texts

Both my phone and wife’s phone are having trouble sending and receiving texts…we use Anywhere…when sending texts we are often getting text not sent tap to try again msg…rebooting phone often solves this but we shouldn’t have to resend…also we are experiencing problems receiving text, ofter taking an hour or more to receive a text…this morning i texted my wife…she texted me back immediately but I didn’t receive the text for more than 2 hours…she was getting the txt not sent msg…text was finally sent when she got home.
What phone do you have?
Moto G5S Plus…wife has Moto G6
What plan are you on?
We are on My Choice 1GB plan
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Plan includes data, talk and text

Issue Description

Started recently...within the last couple of weeks....have tried rebooting....works sometimes.

Both my phone and wife’s phone are having trouble sending and receiving texts…we use Anywhere…when sending texts we are often getting text not sent tap to try again msg…rebooting phone often solves this but we shouldn’t have to resend…also we are experiencing problems receiving text, ofter taking an hour or more to receive a text…this morning i texted my wife…she texted me back immediately but I didn’t receive the text for more than 2 hours…she was getting the txt not sent msg…text was finally sent when she got home.

• It sounds like your wife was on Cell when she texted her response that didn’t actually send until she got home (on WiFi) … Is this a consistent symptom?
  • If not, could you try to determine if it is Cell, WiFi or both?
  • Review How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help and refresh both phones
    • Be sure your on a good WiFi connection before the Refresh
1 Like

it probably was on cell…and probably does occur more (or only) on cell than wifi altho i really don’t know…we’ll try to determine whether it’s on cell or wifi…BUT bottom line is it SHOULD work on either, all of the time…

Yes it should work, but some combination of events/actions prevented it.

• If it still fails after the Refresh is completed, then there may be an App or App update that could be a cause
    • If so, then boot up both phones in Safe Mode and retest, as all 3rd party apps will be temporarily disabled (except the RW App)

Hi @rickr,

Are you still experiencing issues with text message delivery?

not any more…i just left republic for a new company…

Well, I’m sorry to hear that, especially since I didn’t see a help ticket where our technicians might have been able to solve this for you. It might have even been something as simple as a new SIM card or making sure data settings were properly enabled.

I wish you the best with your new provider, and if it doesn’t work out with them, we’d love a chance to earn your business again.

1 Like

thanks…it wasn’t just this issue…more to do with coverage than anything…we’ll sure give republic the opportunity again should we decide to change providers…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer