Device could not be authenticated

What phone do you have?
Moto G Power
What plan are you on?
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Only talk & text

Issue Description

I am trying to install the Anywhere App on a new phone I just bought: Moto G Power.
The App was downloaded from RW portal and when I open it, I receive a message indicating “Authentication Error”- The device could not be authenticated… I have followed the instructions and cannot proceed.
What do I need to do to use this Android device to send and receive messages from my RW phone number ?
Thanks
Manuel

Good Morning @manuela.etlgrp,

The Android app available for direct download from Republic’s portal is for older phones running Android 5.1. You need to get the Anywhere app from Google’s Play Store. A direct link is here:

2 Likes

Thank you for your response

I will do that !

1 Like

I did the reinstallation of that App and still get the same authentication error.
Please advise

1 Like

Hi @manuela.etlgrp,

Please see if the suggestion here helps:

1 Like

Hi Ronald,

My phone has Android 10. Could that be the problem?

1 Like

Hi @manuela.etlgrp,

In and of itself, no. I’m using Anywhere on phones running both Android 10 and Android 11. did you try uninstalling the reinstalling the Republic Wireless app’s updates (not Republic Anywhere) as suggested here:

1 Like

Uppps Roland not Ronald…sorry

1 Like

Yes, I did twice

1 Like

How many devices are you using with Anywhere total? You might try deregistering all devices then adding them back one-by-one. 5 is the limit.

1 Like

This was the 4th device, but I will readd them.

When I rebooted the device, I got the following message : that the SIM card is not valid, that my card is GSM

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer