Dialing a number in my contacts goes to busy

What phone do you have? Galaxy S9

What plan are you on? 1gig

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Include texting

Issue Description

my wife's S9 when dialing my number goes to busy and my phone doesn't ring. I can call her and the call goes through. I don't have her blocked.

Hi @ernestc.rhhmc1,

Can other people successfully call you?

Can your wife successfully call other people?

Whose phone(s) are on RW?

Yes Can other people successfully call you?

Yes Can your wife successfully call other people?

The problem started about two weeks ago. She attempts to call me gets one ring then then it goes to busy?My phone does not indicate a call.
Both phones are Galaxy S9’s on RW. I have checked every possible setting on both phones to see if there is a block and there are none.

Both phones are Galaxy S9’s on RW

Can anyone help me with the problem where my wife can call anyone successfully but not to me? We are both RW customers. My wife has also indicated that she has the same problem with here sister who is also a RW customer.

Hi @ernestc.rhhmc1,

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to get back to you on this.

If you haven’t done so already, let’s start by having your wife refresh the Republic activation. This just resets the connections between her phone and our servers. Instructions are here:

If the problem persists after she does this, could you please try having her open the Republic app just before placing the call?
If that helps calls go through, I think what you’re seeing is a power management issue that we can correct by talking you through some settings changes. (So she doesn’t always have to open the Republic app first). However, if the calls to other Republic members still fail even if she opens the Republic app before trying to make the call, I think we’ll need you to work with the Help Team on this one. They can study the failed calls to see what is making them transmit that busy signal rather than completing the call.

Let me know what happens after she refreshes the Republic activation, and what happens if she tries opening the Republic app before dialing. If we end up needing to get help from the Help Team there is some specific information I’d like to make sure you send when you open the ticket.

Message an
Expert customer