Do any phones allow 2 sim cards and 2 lines?

I currently have 2 different phones, one personal and one business. I am changing companies and they no longer provide a work phone so I’m looking to upgrade my personal phone to one that will allow me to have 2 separate lines in the same phone. Does Republic Wireless have any phones that will do that?

Hi @jamesa.rbze0w and welcome to the Community,

The official answer to your question as far as Republic supporting use of multiple SIMs in a single compatible phone is no.

There are Republic compatible phones that are also dual SIM. Specifically, those are Google’s Pixel 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, 4a, 4a 5G and 5. The second SIM is not, however, a physical SIM but rather an embedded or eSIM. Republic and most service providers other than the big 3 themselves or Google Fi do not support eSIM meaning though possible to have two separate lines on the previously referenced Google Pixel series phones both lines cannot be from Republic. One could use Republic service on a physical SIM but would need to look at another service provider that supports eSIM for the second line.

There’s also another option you may wish to consider. There are a variety of app based services capable of providing a second phone number on a smartphone without the need for a second SIM. Google Voice is an obvious choice for personal use. For business use, I’d suggest a look at Sideline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer