Do I need to replace my SIM card? I have a MotoX(2) and a MotoE(2)

sim

Does this question have a Ticket Number? How can I revisit this question to see if anyone has answered?

Both those phones are legacy phones. the sim cards don’t get removed or changed unless there is an issue. If you have bought a BYOD 3.0 phone then you need a sim card from RW or Amazon (gsm service only). If a RW phone was purchased then a sim should come with it. The computer will choose GSM or CDMA as a best choice by your zip code.

So the error message I receive on each phone about SIM card not working is a misleading message? I still receive Sprint cell phone calls and place outgoing calls. I cannot receive my WiFi app radio streaming.

There should be an unread message in your inbox or a number on your avatar.

What is my “avatar”? Where do I find an “Inbox”?

Is my “avatar” just my photo? Is my Inbox just my gmail address for email?

I would make a support ticket out and have support help you.
help support

He is writing about your avatar in the Community. An “avatar” is the image you choose for yourself here int the Community. There is a number by it when someone replies to your post.

It is in the top-right corner of the Community page. In this image you see my “BG” avatar.

Yes the avatar is your photo but clicking the avatar is also an inbox too

Since the SIM message is being received on both phones it is likely caused by an App installed on both phones. See if the error occurs in Safe Mode. If it doesn’t, then you know it is caused by an app you installed.

This is not a ticket but a post in our public forums. You will get an email notification if someone replies. As you see many people are pretty active here.

As @billg said, it will show in your top bar, but you will also get an email.[quote=“joec.iwwqor, post:3, topic:9891”]
So the error message I receive on each phone about SIM card not working is a misleading message? I still receive Sprint cell phone calls and place outgoing calls.
[/quote]

This sounds like the same issue pointed out here:

It is basically a SIM error related to some app conflicting with the Bluetooth radio. If you do not use Bluetooth, then turn it off and the error will stop.

I hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.