Does not do email or text

I have an 85 year old friend who would like to come to RW. The problem is he doesn’t email or text, what can he do to move his service here?

Hi @2ndDan,

(Would you like a different username?)

Does your friend have access to Wi-Fi? Our service is compatible with a specific list of smart phones, which, unlike flip phones and other “dumb” phones, need regular maintenance - operating system updates and app updates, all best preformed over Wi-Fi. Our service is also based on the idea that our members will use Wi-Fi - our pricing model depends on that.

Our billing is done by an automatic charge to the credit card on file, with an E-mailed invoice. We see a lot of members who do not maintain the E-mail address they gave us when signing up, surprised by having their service canceled due to a billing issue, because they’ve missed the three or four warning E-mails we’ve sent to an E-mail address they do not access.

Our support model is based on online interactions - help tickets, online chats, and community conversations with other members. We don’t offer a toll-free number. Every support interaction begins online.

Unless your friend has a very good friend (you?) who could regularly help with things like updating apps, connecting to Wi-Fi and communicating with our support staff, we may not be a good fit for him.

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, this is what I thought. He just bought a flip phone and isn’t looking to do internet. Thanks again.

Yes I would like to change my username, didn’t know I could. Change to 2ndDan. Thank you.

Done!

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer