Does RW offer dial-1 blocking for incoming calls like other carriers

Hello RW users,
I am aware that RW has a new appl which provides a method to assist in blocking unwanted incoming calls, such as Robocalls (automated) from marketers.
Though from what Ive read here in our community and elsewhere, it seems that this app requires some manual selecting as part of it’s operation.
What I’ve become aware of recently is, that other mobile carriers are beginning to offer for Free what some of landline carriers provided for a fee many years ago, which provides a dial-1 (or # or your choice) blocking service which requires all callers to your phone # to enter a # (1,2,3, etc) in order to ring-thru to your phone.
This way we are not receiving calls AT ALL, unless a real person has entered the specified # (which is given verbally by the carrier service during the ring-thru-connection process.

I know this is not going to be the answer for everyone since we still may enjoy some automated incoming calls, but for me, I’d only prefer the automated incoming calls from those I have in my contacts ONLY.

Has anyone heard of this sort of service being provided by RW?

Hi @oceanfrontnetc,
I haven’t heard any chatter on your +1 or # use from RW. All thats required is a 10 digit number to enter into the dialer. I don’t think Google android 8 will block any better than RW’s blocker… Calls continue to go through to Voicemail even if blocked manually. What I have read on the blocking is nothing is automated until the blocked number calls back where it will continue to voicemail & what I understand is the blocked number won’t ring anymore. Please anyone correct this view if I am wrong.

I would love to see this feature on RW. This is similar to what CenturyLink calls “no solicitation”. When turned on, callers during the day (8am - 9pm) are told to hang up if they are a solicitor, or to press “1” to continue the call. Callers on your contact list are excluded from this filter. On a mobile phone, the hours would have to be adjustable to accommodate various time zones.

@davidw.ctd2jy
It truly is amazing that Solicitors don’t consider themselves as solicitors and the Spammers & solicitors have the uncanny knack to press “1” to continue the call.

Hey @bocephous happy 5th Anniversary cake day

Thank You @drm186!

True, if it’s a human doing the dialing. Typically in most call centers, predictive dialing (a/k/a robocalling) is being employed. Generally, the call isn’t connected to a human until and unless the potential target answers. That’s why sometimes when we do answer unknown numbers, we hear dead air on the other end. In those circumstances, fortunately for us, multiple folks have answered and there aren’t enough humans available at the call center to talk to us.

Eventually the predictive dialers will get smarter but, for now, services which require the dialer to press 1 or some other digit before connecting the call are effective in this scenario.

You’ve piqued my curiosity as to who these other mobile carriers might be? I know of several Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services that do so, however, I’m unaware of a mobile service provider that does. I’m not saying it isn’t so, I’m simply curious as to which ones. Are you willing and able to elaborate?

Hi Rolandh,
Yes, I’d be good w/ collaboration. I’m a designer myself.
And Yes, I agree w/ what you stated "Eventually the predictive dialers will get smarter but, for now…"
The question is - is RW reading these suggestions (users screaming Help!!)???
I’d think RW would love to create this basic incoming-call-block-door within there switch-system for all of us and possibly even share the development cost w/ those of us who desire it for the next 12 months. I’d be happy to spend $1/mo more in my acct (2 phones). What do you think? - maybe another 10~20,000 other RW users would be happy doing same and would be helped for the next 12 months… then redesign/adjust the back-door so it continues to help us deal w/ the robo-callers into future. Gosh, what a marking concept for RW to attract new mobile users.

As stated in this string - "Eventually the predictive dialers will get smarter but, for now…"
The question is - is RW reading these suggestions (your users are screaming Help!!)???
I’d think RW would love to create a basic incoming-call-block-door within there switch-system for all of us and possibly even share the development cost w/ those of us who desire it for the next 12 months. I’d be happy to spend $1/mo more in my acct (2 phones).
What does RW think about this?
Maybe another 10~20,000 other RW users would be happy doing same and would be helped greatly for the next 12 months… then redesign/adjust the back-door so it continues to help us deal w/ the robo-callers into the future.
Gee, what a marketing concept for RW to attract new mobile users.