I looked at the stats of the Wander app and it gave me this:
[massively incorrect stats showing -44 years of roaming time]
yup. sorry - i haven’t ironed out this bug yet. seems there is a race condition sometimes wherein either the START or END of a roaming-blocked period of time isn’t being recorded properly and when the stats are calculated we end up this sort of error.
i use a time source in Tasker that reports the number of seconds elapsed since ~Jan 1970, so when this bug rears its ugly head we end up with a duration of ~44 years either positive (if the START time was erroneously zero) or negative (if it was the END time that was erroneously zero)
since the stats are a nice-to-have feature and not a core part of the functionality, i haven’t put much work into fixing this, but i think it’s a race condition (i’ve got code that is trying to update the START/END times about the same time as other code is reading those variables and i need to wrap one or both in some logic to prevent the issue; aka a “mutex” or “spinlock” where the two blocks of code must be run in a mutually exclusive manner)
in the mid-term i’ve added a “reset stats” button to my local test version of the app so i can reset these values and watch more closely for them to go wonky.
the stats bug should not affect the actual behavior of the app though. perhaps, if i don’t get this fixed right away, i’ll hide the data so it doesn’t confuse/alarm anyone.