Don't see new plans

When I try to change to the new Choice plan, I don’t see it as an option. I just see the old reimbursement plans. What am I missing?

what phone are you on?

if you are seeing the refund plans sounds like you are on a Legacy Phone (Moto X 1st, Moto X 2nd, Moto G 1st, Moto G 3rd, Moto E 1st, Moto E 2nd)
Legacy phones are not getting the new plans only the current 3.0 Phones will have the new My choice plans (replacing the Clear Choice plans)

Introducing My Choice, a new plan from Republic Wireless

Q: I have a grandfathered {Beta, 1.0 unlimited or 2.0 refund} plan on a legacy phone from this list:

DEFY XT
     Moto X (1st or 2nd Gen)
     Moto G (1st or 3rd Gen)
     Moto E (1st or 2nd Gen)

Can I keep my grandfathered plan? Can I have My Choice on my phone?
A: For our legacy members, thank you for your long-time loyalty to Republic! Our grandfathered plans will continue to apply to the phones listed above. My Choice replaces only the Clear Choice plans. When you are ready to move to My Choice, upgrade to a new phone from our online store10 or our list of compatible Android BYOP devices23.

edit for type-o

Seriously?! I was herded into that lousy, unpopular, expensive reimbursement plan and now I can’t get out without getting a new phone? That’s pretty lame indeed, Republic.

drm186 Ambassador
December 20 |

what phone are you on?

if you are seeing the refrund plans sounds like you are on a Legacy Phone (Moto X 1st, Moto X 2nd, Moto G 1st, Moto G 3rd, Moto E 1st, Moto E 2nd)
Legacy phones are not getting the new plans only the current 3.0 Phones will have the new My choice plans (replacing the Clear Choice plans)

Introducing My Choice, a new plan from Republic Wireless

Q: I have a grandfathered {Beta, 1.0 unlimited or 2.0 refund} plan on a legacy phone from this list:
DEFY XT
Moto X (1st or 2nd Gen)
Moto G (1st or 3rd Gen)
Moto E (1st or 2nd Gen)

Can I keep my grandfathered plan? Can I have My Choice on my phone?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Sorry to hear you’re disappointed. You sound as though you like the My Choice plan but It’s not available for use with the Legacy phones for some reason. I don’t believe RW’s intention is to sell new phones, there are many phone/pricing options available and you are allowed to BYOP if compatible.

@michaelf.vx86pw,
Sorry your not happy with the decision Republic made 18 months ago that only the new unlocked phones would work on the Clear Choice plans [now replaced by the My Choice plans] and that the Legacy phones would keep the old 1.0 an 2.0 Refund plans (there are many who do not want to give up those plans)

This sounds like you had a 1.0 plan and change to the refund plan if so you may request to go back to the 1.0 plan via a support ticket [this does require the line changing to have originally been on a 1.0 plan or beta plan]

Not really interested in the snark of the the 18 months ago comment. Who cares? Bad decision by the provider, thus the new plans. That much is clear. Still seems like a bad decision 18 months later.

Republic can’t win. The threads are filled with people FURIOUS that they can’t keep their Refund Plans on the new phones. Now you’re unhappy that you have to keep your Refund plan with the old phones. Honestly, unless they literally just let everyone pay what they want, they can’t win.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.