Downloading and reading documents

My phone will not allow me to open and read downloaded documents. (I can see that they are/have downloaded).I have disabled the following apps to save storage room:cloud print,drive,exchange services,google pinyin input,google play music,google+,hangouts,moto, motorola migrate,user dictionary. Are any of these responsible to downloads and do I need to re-enable them?I have not disabled downloads or download manager so not sure why i can’t pull up the downloads and read them.

What type of documents are they? Google Drive has options to open several different file types. You might want to re-enable it. Other than that, you’ll need to have the right type of viewer installed for the documents you want to view.

like for instance if I am looking at a menu site for a restaurant it often downloads the menu but then can’t open it to read it.

So that could be a bunch of different file types, but the most common is probably a .pdf. If you don’t have Adobe Acrobat Reader the Google Drive app could probably open it for you, if it weren’t disabled.

Okay I re enabled the google drive. Is Adobe Acrobat Reader an app to download?

Yes, it is.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer