Driving for Uber?

Hello,

Can I use Republic Wireless to download the Uber app and drive for Uber? Here’s my phone and plan.

phone: Moto G (8GB) (1st Gen.)

plan: WiFi and Cell Talk and Text (Moto G)

Can that work? I’ve never driven for Uber before, so I don’t know if I need to be connected to the internet to use the navigation or not. Because with this phone, so far as I know, I have to use a hotspot to connect to the web. But I can receive texts whether I’m online or not, so I don’t know if that means I can receive directions while I’m on the road and not connected.

You’ll need access to data (so you’ll either need to upgrade your plan to include data or use a hotspot). From How much data does the partner app use? | Uber :

Typical driver app use on your personal device is unlikely to exceed more than 3 GB of data each month. We recommend exploring mobile provider plans that include unlimited data.

Ah, OK. Thanks.

OK, so on Uber’s website it has the Moto G on it’s list of banned phones and says that there will be issues with the driver/partner app on a Moto G. But Iooking around, I see some say otherwise. Are there any Uber drivers around that use or have tried to use the Moto G that can confirm whether it works or not?

Message an
Expert customer