Dropped phone! No sound ;-(

What phone do you have? Moto G4 Plus

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes it includes data, talk and text

I dropped my phone today. Now I can’t hear any sounds on music or my voicemails. Eeek!

I turned it off and turned it back on but no resolution.

Any suggestions or tests I can perform would be very helpful.

Thank you

Issue Description

I dropped my phone today. Now I can’t hear any sounds on music or my voicemails. Eeek!

I turned it off and turned it back on but no resolution.

Any suggestions or tests I can perform would be very helpful.

Thank you

Motorola provides a series of tests as part of :motohelp: Moto Help. It comes pre-loaded on your phone and can be found int the :appsicon: App Drawer … then look under the FIX tab/Icon

ETA: Perhaps the drop resulted in it being set to DND (do not disturb) or the volumes all reverted to very low
The settings can be found in the Android Settings under Sound

Thanks I already looked at the settings before posting.

So far the Hardware tests I’m running in Moto Help are failing.

Failing to run or indicating a hardware failure? Candidly, and it pains me to say so, it’s likely the drop damaged your phone.

1 Like

Sigh…that’s what I’m thinking too Rolandh…

Going to turn off phone and turn it back on and try hardware tests one more time before I let my better half hear the bad news.

Hi @juliedesigns,

While accidental damage isn’t covered by manufacturer’s warranty, you might check in with the issuer of the credit or debit card used to purchase the phone. Some offer accidental damage coverage as a cardmember benefit.

Thanks @rolandh but I bought the phone over 2 years ago.
Thinking it’s time for a new one

1 Like

Well, if you’re in the market for a new phone, B&H Photo (great folks to do business with) have some great deals on the Moro X4 and Moto G6 here: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=moto%20x4&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=. Either would be a nice upgrade. You would need to act fast as the sales end tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you @rolandh…is there anyway for me to check voicemails till I get a new phone? Bit concerned about that

If you’ve set a voicemail PIN, yes. Here’s how: How to Access Your Voicemail – Republic Help.

If you haven’t set a voicemail password, I’m afraid the best one can do is peek in on call history from time to time to see who’s trying to reach you. Call history is available when signed into your Republic account here: View Calls & Messages | Republic Wireless. Please note time stamps for online call history are universal coordinated time (UTC) currently 5 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer