Duplicate messages - new phone solution?

I have had the same Moto G since 2014. Over past many months it has been sending duplicate texts to my recipients, especially if there is more than one person on the thread. I’ve done the recommended resets and it still happens. If I get a new phone, will this be resolved, or is it an issue with Republic Wireless that will carry over to another phone?

Also, the phone has become slow. Again, I’ve done the recommended resets and it still happens. If I get a new phone, will this be resolved?

I am considering Moto G4 Plus or Moto X Pure. Besides the 2 issues I mentioned, I am looking forward to better camera than my current phone.

Thanks for any assistance or advice!

RMJ

I’m almost positive this problem has nothing to do with the phone itself. It most likely has something to do with the messaging app you are using or the way that app is configured. I’d suggest going to Settings, Apps, All and clearing the data on the Messaging app (or whichever app you are using).

You might want to look through some of the other community posts on this. I too do not think it is a phone issue. My daughter has had this issue. She will send us a text and we get the same text a number of times. I searched about this and found something but cannot remember exactly what it said the issue was, but it has something to do with whether the message is sent while on wifi or cellular. Your messaging app does not get the “message” that the message has actually sent, so it keeps trying to send it until it receives the notice that it has been delivered. It does eventually get the notice of delivery but in the meantime has sent it numerous times.

Message an
Expert customer