E4 plus to G6play

I currently have a E4 plus… I just ordered an G6 play from RW… Can I use the sim card from the E4 plus in the G6 play? … Please forgive me if this question has already been presented. - Thanks!

The answer is a definite maybe. First, the G6 Play will come with a SIM and best practice is just to use that one.

That being said, the way to check this is to go to the Republic App, hit the gear, then select “About” and see what it says there for SIM Type. If it says “GSM” yes the SIM can be moved. If it says “CDMA” it can not.

OK thank you!, Is it possible that the new phone would come with a CDMA sim if I had one previously?

It’s not only possible but if the E4 Plus was purchased from Republic and came provisioned for CDMA, I’d say a G6 Play purchased from Republic will also. It is, however, not guaranteed. If you do end up with GSM and need CDMA, please see here: How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help.

Great thanks for all your help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.