Eating Data and Disappearing Texts

Hi guys,
So, ever since the beginning of August (when I got back from traveling abroad in the Middle East), my phone has been going through data at a dizzying rate. In the last couple of weeks, I’ve gone through 8GB! Sometimes 1 GB won’t last 24 hours. I’m not doing anything like watching videos or listening to music. It appears from the “how your data is being used” that FB and Chrome are the apps using the most data, but it doesn’t show GIGS of data being used.

I have not posted before because I’ve been moving between NYC, Atlanta, and Birmingham, in an out of WIFi access. I didn’t want to post about this while I was relying on (predominately) the data that I was having to purchase. If we can’t figure this out, I will be forced to abandon Republic because the small town (near Birmingham) that I will be working (and sometimes living) in requires that I have a phone that performs flawlessly.

Just as an FYI, I am a Beta tester for Republi and do not WANT to leave the service, but given these issues, I may have to.

As an ancillary problem, I installed the latest Republic update last night and it promptly wiped out any texts that I had prior to August. I have five devices with Anywhere installed and not one of them has the exact same texts saved. what gives?

FYI - I have a Moto 4G that I bought from Republic. It was not a BYOP. My plan is a talk, text, & 1G Data per month plan (that I typically don’t go over).

For the data issue, I recommend that you submit a help ticket and work with RW support to get that resolved. If it is real data usage received by your device then it should show up in your RW app
under the Cellular Data tab…if it doesn’t show up there then RW support should be able to help you get to bottom of it.

As for your text issue - if you chose the option to
Settings -> Advanced - > Resync messages from Server
then that wipes out all the messages and re-syncs the last 30 days of messages which is what is saved on the RW server.

If you didn’t select that option…then you may want to switch to Google Messages and see if the messages appear over there…in case it is just a bug in the way Anywhere is displaying your messages.

Thank you for helping! I just submitted the help ticket.

“As for your text issue - if you chose the option to
Settings -> Advanced - > Resync messages from Server
then that wipes out all the messages and re-syncs the last 30 days of messages which is what is saved on the RW server.”

That’s the problem, I DID NOT use the option to “resynch”, I performed the update that RW put on my phone… that’s all.

How do I switch to “google mesages”? I don’t see how to do it on my phone. Thanks!

Launch Google Messages ( you may want to update to the latest version) using the icon that looks like this :messages:

When you launch it…it will ask you to make it your default SMS app. That’s it!
This does not delete anywhere app from your phone…and you can go back and forth if required…but the default SMS app is the one that will control notifications etc

So check over there…if your old messages do not show up over there…then I would recommend that you open a separate ticket for this issue.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer