Email not working

apps

What phone do you have? Moto Z
What plan are you on? 2 gig plan
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data and talk

Issue Description

unable to have email app to work on this phone Motorola says the phone is ok and Republic says no problem on their end
What do I do next

Hi @georgeb.06c4uw

Which app are you using and who is the email provider, please? Since this is a public forum, please do not post your entire email address, just the part after the @

Thanks!

Also, has it ever worked on this phone? In other words, did it just stop for no apparent reason? Have you rebooted? Cleared the mail app cache? Stopped & restarted the mail app?

If you’re trying to use the stock app, they’re usually not very good.

If your email is Google use this app:

If your email is NOT GMail, you can set up the other email address in GMail app. Although they usually work better and sync quicker with their own apps, for example, if Yahoo/Rocket/ATT, etc, best to use Yahoo app.

Microsoft/Hotmail does well with this app:

If you’re using a POP email service such as Juno, regardless of the app, do not set it up as POP. Use “Other” and let the app set up the ports itself.

All of the above mentioned apps can handle POP emails. All can handle an assortment of email types. Lately I’ve been using Blue Mail for Yahoo account:

no no yes yes yes

ceedee        
    November 18              

Also, has it ever worked on this phone? In other words, did it just stop for no apparent reason? Have you rebooted? Cleared the mail app cache? Stopped & restarted the mail app?

Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.
In Reply To
johnny5 Ambassador

November 18              

Hi @georgeb.06c4uwWhich app are you using and who is the email provider, please? Since this is a public forum, please do not post your entire email address, just the part after the @ Thanks!
Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Windstream app and it worked on my old phone after I loaded it

I checked for a Winstream email app in the Google Play store but couldn’t figure out which of the Windstream apps you are using. Can you please post a link to the app so other members see which app it is that isn’t working for you?

Thanks!

I have given up on this problem and Windstream is coming out with a new email update and I will try it
Chip

@georgeb.06c4uw Thanks for reporting back and letting us know. If the update works that would be useful to know too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.