Emergency/backup phone options

To clarify, this isn’t about backing up my data – it’s about options for temporary service should I lose/break my phone since I can’t just run down to the local Best Buy and get a new RW phone.

I’m thinking of two possibilities, but I’m open to others:

1. I’m currently on a 3.0 plan. I still have my motog 1st gen/rw 2.0 phone. Would I be able to reactivate that with my current number easily in case of an emeregency?

2. Is it possible to forward my number to a landline (i.e. my home phone).

Thanks for any answers and/or alternatives.

1. Yes, you will be able to reactivate your old phone. See here for additional details

Reactivating My Republic Phone

1. RW supports voicemail forwarding (not call forwarding) and that has to be set up on the Republic Wireless App

of the phone. So, this won’t be something you could set up after the fact. If you are comfortable forwarding all the time

then it is an option available to you.

https://community.republicwireless.com/docs/DOC-1981-voicemail-lollipop-51#jive_content_id_Set_Up_Voicemail_Forwarding

Hi @johng.6r5jad,

You mention having a 3.0 plan. You may indeed be able to run down to the local Best Buy and pick up a replacement for your phone depending on which of Republic’s cellular partners your 3.0 phone is provisioned with. To find out dial ##786## and note what happens.

If nothing happens, your phone is provisioned with Republic’s GSM partner. One of the advantages of GSM technology is the ability to move service from one phone to another simply by moving the SIM.

If, on the other hand, you are presented with a “SprintDM” menu, then your phone is provisioned with Republic’s CDMA cellular partner. Sadly, unlike GSM technology, CDMA does not allow for moving service between phones merely by transplanting the SIM.

Message an
Expert customer