Eratic Battery performance

What phone do you have? Moto G5 plus

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Includes 1Gb data

In the last week or so the battery has started to decline rapidly when the charge indicated is down to about 20%. I have an antivirus (Norton) installed, and run its VPN, so I think it’s unlikely malware. Notice just recently that when I plug in the charger after it caves, the battery jumps to 50% or so immediately. So I tried unplugging it and it dropped very quickly again. So I charged it for about 15 min and it then stayed charged at a reasonable level for a while. Anybody seen this before? I’ve tried to upload a screen shot of the battery profile, not sure if it is truly attached.
Mike

It could simply be that the battery capacity has reduced with age. There are battery apps that can indicate the battery’s estimated capacity. I use the free version of AccuBattery to check my battery capacity when I start noticing decline in a phone that’s a couple years old.

Might be worth trying a battery calibration and then monitor operation just to make sure that an incorrect calibration is giving bad indications.

Easy enough to do :grinning:

1 Like

So battery calibration seems to have helped, thanks for the pointer to the procedure. I did it a couple times, there was some erratic behavior after the first one, so I’m suspicious the battery may be going. Phone isn’t that old though, couple years or so I think. Thanks for the help.

Message an
Expert customer