Error when trying to share a photo, "Picture already in this conversation"

Cant share pictures to email anymore

What phone do you have?
Moto g4+

What plan are you on?
I DONT KNOW I just pay my 15 bucks a month

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
TALK AND TEXT only

Issue Description

Get Message when trying to share a photo PICTURE ALREADY IN THIS CONVERSION SHEESH

Try resetting the Republic Wireless connections according to the instructions at the link below:

Still get message photo already in this conversion when I hit send I am connected to wifi at this time

Here’s another thing to try. I am not having any luck finding information on that exact error. What is the exact error message?

1 Like

when I open the camera and then open a photo I select share and then an email address. The message I get is , when I hiit send, Photo already in this Conversion.Thanks

Hi @danw.bk7f2z,

It sounds like the message is intended to alert you that you’ve already shared the photo in question earlier in the email conversation. Is there an option to override or otherwise dismiss the message?

I also see you’re having a general WiFin issue, which may be contributing here: Why will my phone not all of a sudden use WIFI for calling at home?.

As you mention having a talk and text only plan, solving the WiFi issue may solve this one also.

Now I get CANT SHARE TO THIS CONVERSATION. WHAT conversation?

Hi @danw.bk7f2z - just like @cbwahlstrom, I’m not having any luck finding information on the “Can’t Share To This Conversation” error. One person in another forum claimed they had accidentally turned off mobile data which they claim caused the error. Worth a quick check to make sure mobile data is on.

I don’t have a Moto G4 Plus, but on my Moto G6 running Android 9, the setting is under Settings>Network & internet>Data Usage> Under Mobile…make sure mobile data slider is on. Easy check, no harm done.

Hope this helps! Certainly understand the frustration…

Hi @danw.bk7f2z,

Have you been able to figure out this error?

If not, what happens if you turn your process around? Instead of starting in the photos app and sharing the image by E-mail, start in your E-mail app and attach the image to an E-mail message. Do you still get any error that way?

Good Morning @danw.bk7f2z,

Just checking in to see if you’ve been able to further sort this?

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer