Error when updating, and how to fix: Please open my apps to establish a connection with the server

There’s a Republic update. When I click on UPDATE in the Google Play Store, I get: " Error Please open my apps to establish a connection with the server ". I searched for the error on republicwireless.com and found nothing.
I tried Republic app / settings gear / Advanced / Reset Republic Connections (done)
Cleared the system cache (restart) (procedure is at help.republicwireless.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012338967-How-to-Clear-the-System-Cache-on-a-Moto-E1-G1-X1-and-X2 )
Play Store RW Update - Still same error.
Internet search found youtube.com/watch?v=Csm9hY7LOmI How to Fix “Please open my apps to establish a connection with the server” - 100% Working Tech Hunter: Settings / Apps manager / Google Play Store / Storage / CLEAR CACHE; CLEAR DATA … update Android (it was up to date) … this DID fix it. I’m posting to inform other RW users. I’m running a Moto e5 over WiFi in rural Montana.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer